With the coming together of two giants of television production, Warner Bros. and Discovery along with the Joint Venture with BT Sport, Warner Bros. Discovery have become a world leader in Entertainment and Sports and continues to grow its portfolio. The media technology and IT systems for the production and delivery of this portfolio have been designed and built by our teams to ensure the world class standard for which, Warner Bros. Discovery and BT Sport are known, continues and is enhanced.
Our Teams build, implement, and maintain the broadcast systems and technology that are critical for delivering WBD's products, while shaping the long-term technology strategy that will enable WBD's growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air, sports, and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms. Across a global stage we are driving WBD forward on the leading edge of technology.
In this role you will be responsible for the support of the live productions for TNT Sports and Discovery/Eurosport, along with support for the Nordic channels and the base band portion of the numerous linear cloud-based channels delivered by WBD across EMEA.
There is a mix of old and new technologies rapidly moving towards completely renewed cutting edge technology based on on-prem and cloud architecture.
The Production Support Engineer is part of the Broadcast engineering team providing engineering level 1 support for production, playout, MAM, Post-Production and studio platforms. Working closely with established tier 2 and tier 3 teams and leading industry experts.
The roles are based in either Chiswick Park, or Stockley Park, London working on a shift-based pattern.
The ideal candidates will be organised and skilled Production Support Engineers, who represents the very best of our Broadcasting Profession.
• Strong understanding of the production engineering environment,
• Strong understanding of the broadcast chain,
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills,
• Demonstrate the ability to fault find from first principles,
• Excels in high pressure and time critical broadcast production environments,
• Extensive Broadcast technical background (IP video 2110, AES 67, NMOS, video and audio formats, Graphics, Replay and codec…),
• Good understanding of IT technologies and the associated challenge (network, virtualization, storage, cloud services, security…),
• Capacity to work in a constantly changing environment,
• Strong team member with self-motivation and consistent customer service understanding the needs of the business.
The above requirements are desirable but not essential. Candidates with a strong technical background, drive to learn and aptitude will be considered as we offer extensive system training and development.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reym07-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.