Warner Bros. Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers. Come work on the hottest new streaming service, MAX, and with some of the most beloved global brands including HGTV, CNN, Discovery, TLC and more.
Our Team: Subscriber Growth & Media
The Marketing Intelligence & Data Products team powers Warner Bros. Discovery's internal Subscriber Growth & Media department, managing the data and analytics for all owned & paid media measurement. We are an in-house data product team working with big data, including Smart TV data and streaming analytics to measure billions of media impressions weekly. Data engineering, products, operations, analysis and science expertise are streamlined to create collaboration and agility. We continually work to enhance the data processing, code, methodologies and products deployed to drive dashboard reporting, multi-touch attribution, media mix models, incrementality, ROI reporting and real-time optimization… and we are just getting started. Our mission is to power our marketing arsenal driving expansion of WBD enterprise services and initiatives. Come join a team that is at the heart of media and data at Warner Bros. Discovery.
Your New Role…
The Big Data Analyst will lead the exploration of media measurement across linear TV and MAX streaming outcomes. Sitting at the intersection of marketing and big data, the role will query/mine vast amounts of data across media exposures and cost, and viewership and subscription conversions. The Big Data Analyst will pull from a variety of data sources (structured and unstructured) while leveraging advanced statistical frameworks. The role will provide research trends and insights to improve media efficacy and drive revenue outcomes cross-platform as well as find and identify new opportunities to evolve the business operations and practices. The ideal candidate will be skilled in communicating with business stakeholders to gather data/analysis requirements and explain results in a concise manner.
The Big Data Analyst will also support the ongoing development of the internal data infrastructure and self-serve reporting dashboards to empower a variety of media and marketing stakeholders driving real-time optimizations. The role will own, automate and build data products from analysis projects that provide ongoing benefit to the business and will also help advance key business initiatives including media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, audience segmentation and customer journey tracking. If you love big data, come join a marketing intelligence team that has built out cross-platform smart tv advanced analytics in-house.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Query and analyze raw data, including smart tv data, campaign exposure data and other datasets to drive business efforts, insights, and demonstrate improved outcomes
• Analyze the content viewership ecosystem across linear, TVE and DTC streaming; producing automated analytics for marketers and identifying larger business opportunities based on consumer shifts
• Curate data models and revise models when necessary
• Develop media investment methodology for multi-business unit conversion products
• Work with data science teams to test supervised and unsupervised learning models and build automated solutions
• Implement modeling solutions to derive target audience predictions that power linear marketing tactics and digital segmentation optimization engines
• Utilize big datasets to analyze and extract deep learnings to guide media strategy and optimization
• Convert high value analysis projects into automated data products
• Collaborate with other analysts to build and maintain self-serve dashboards
• Work with data engineering to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured ''big data'' sources
• Write queries and code to extract relevant data from various platforms
• Scope and manage ad-hoc analytics projects driven by business need
Qualifications & Experience…
• Bachelor's degree in a subject such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
• 1+ year(s) of relevant work-related experience working with large datasets
• Experience with data programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
• Working knowledge ofBig Data Tools (S3, Snowflake, AWS Athena, Databricks) or like environments
• Experience with source control system, ideally Github
• Understanding of the Data Lifecycle Management process to collect, access, use, store, transfer, delete data
• Deep understanding of predictive analytics and experience working with foundational data science models
• Proficient in visualization tools, such as Tableau or Looker
• Experience working with data engineering and data science teams
• Experience presenting complex business methodologies and results to senior stakeholders
• Experience with viewership datasets (Nielsen, Inscape, Samba, Set-Top Box, etc) a plus
• Proven ability to advance large task-based projects through completion
• Ability to manage through solving complex business problem and offer solutions
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x17m-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.