Your New Role…
The responsibility of this role as part of the EMEA Accounting Team based in Warsaw is to deliver all statutory, audit, outsourced accounting, and compliance matters for Warner Bros. Discovery entities in the EMEA business streams. This role also ensures accurate monthly close and reporting of financial information to key stakeholders in accordance with US GAAP. Key aspects of this role are related to oversight of the operational activities of selected EMEA entities, with reconciliation and analysis, some transactions processing, by applying SOX controls in fulfilling daily and periodic quality requirements. This role includes the oversight of inter and intracompany activities as it relates to capturing and accounting those transactions. Reporting into Statutory & US GAAP Accounting Senior Manager, coordinating with other team members, by acting as one team. The EMEA Accounting Team is responsible for multiple countries from one of the segments in the EMEA region, including UK, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, countries in the Adriatic region, Netherlands France, Poland, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Portugal and more.
Your Role Accountabilities…
Develop and execute strategy on an annual basis to deliver all compliance requirements by various country timelines across EMEA, utilizing a combination of internal and outsourced accounting resources:
• Proactively manage statutory filing process through on-going engagement and communication with multiple company officeholders, including the region CFO, heads of legal, general managers etc.; present financial statement reviews with senior leaders to obtain financial statement sign-off and ensure timely filing of obligations with appropriate country authorities
• Manage the annual statutory Financial Statement audits with auditors across multiple geographies for various Warner Bros. Discovery legal entities, ensuring compliance with local GAAP
• Coordinate between auditors, GBS hubs and local outsourced accounting firms to maintain a calendar of deliverables and deadlines for Warner Bros. Discovery subsidiaries' local statutory and tax reporting requirements.
• Manage Ernst & Young relationship for accounting entities in the preparation of statutory and tax accounting for larger subsidiaries and fully outsourced accounting function for smaller subsidiaries as well as maintain detailed records and reconciliations of local GAAP adjustments
• Lead and oversee the execution of general accounting controllership duties in EMEA territories for one of the businesses. Oversight responsibilities will include, but are not limited to,
• Oversee accounting close process/teams/outsource providers to ensure an accurate and timely monthly close process
• Ensure monthly accounts are properly uploaded into parent's consolidation and reporting system
• Oversee SEC and supplemental schedules requests from parent on detailed account information and footnote disclosure report
• Ensure close calendar dates and deadlines are communicated and team deliverables are provided on time
• Ensure compliance with balance sheet reconciliation policy including completion of quality and timely reconciliations.
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements, internal control environment
• Manage process improvements projects and standardization opportunities to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness.
• Partnering with other Teams e.g. PTP, OTC, Treasury, FP&A, FDs, VAT, Payroll, other Record to Report team members and proposing improvements
• Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes, supports continuous improvement, process changes and leading practices to have an efficient and effective process
• Oversee and manage intercompany transactions in order to make sure that those are properly captured and accounted for:
• Identify transactions and liaise with tax team
• Maintain calculation of intercompany service recharges
• Regularly update allocation keys
• Ensure proper billing across the region
Qualifications & Experience…
• Master's degree in accounting or finance and at least 6 years of accounting/auditing experience in international environment.
• Understanding of IFRS, US GAAP or any other relevant reporting framework (e.g. UK, Polish, French, Nordic countries) is a must
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, Excel in particular is a must
• Experience with enterprise information systems, a strong plus and preferred.
• Results oriented, strong attention to details, accuracy, timeliness, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks is a must.
• Status reporting, issue flagging, as well as presentation skills of prepared analysis and its implications. Ability to frame issues and articulate findings.
• High Integrity team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work well with others and promote positive working relationships across the organization.
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy, flexible environment. Resilience and ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent and changing situations.
• ACCA, CIMA or PIBR completed qualification is considered as a strong advantage.
• Experience of team management/coordination
• Strong technical experience including experience of month end management accounting
• Strong executive presence to due to interaction with senior business leaders and professional partners
• US GAAP reporting and SOX experience
• Experience of multi-site and multi-currency reporting
• Experience navigating a matrixed organization
• Strong written reporting skills and experience
• Experience of leading teams through significant periods of change as well as steady state
• Media background
• Experience working with a US based company
• Experience with direct and indirect tax compliance
• Experience working with outsourced financial functions
• contract of employment
• hybrid work model, flexible working hours
• free access to player.pl and Max
• benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, massages, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts, periodic movie shows in the office cinema room
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• casual dress code
• parking space available for booking
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pj09-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.