Manager, Health and Safety - Production
Walt Disney Television
New York, NY
Manager, Health and Safety - Production WDT (PH) - New York
The Manager, Health & Safety will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set in conjunction with the Sr Executive Producer and other production leaders, including Operations. The individual will receive training and technical guidance from a Production Safety Specialist. The Manager, Health & Safety will report to an ABC News Production Executive with dotted line to Risk Management.
This position will support production of ABC Live, 20/20, World News Tonight with David Muir and other productions originating in our Times Square Studios in New York.
This is a Project Hire role with benefits.
• Determines and ensures that each production meets the health and safety standards on daily basis in order to continue production
• Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
• Determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines
• Advise the production on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
• Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
• Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
• Order and distribute supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
• Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
• Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
• Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
• Lead and escalate issues to Sr Executive Producer and Safety
• Advise and guide Sr Executive Producer and production teams to implement changes as necessary
• Establish an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
• Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
• Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
• Work closely with Set Medic
• Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
• Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
• Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
• Support Sr Executive Producer with communications regarding policies and protocols, ensure messaging resonates with an editorial/creative audience.
• Join staff calls as needed
Basic Skills Desired:
• Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
• Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
• Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment
• Flexible work style, able to prioritize and adjust schedule to support a 7 day a week operation, including early mornings, as needed
Technical Skills Desired:
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Adapting to latest development of technical skills and industry knowledge
• OSHA Health & Safety Experience
• Military experience
• Medic / RN / EMT experience
• Experience working with live television production
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.