Full Time Job
Walt Disney Television
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Manager, Finance Otv-Kfsn FP&A
At Walt Disney Television Group, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Walt Disney Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) Broadcast and Cable operations. Broadcast properties include ABC Entertainment, ABC Studios, 20th Century Fox TV, ABC Owned & Operated TV Stations, Marvel Live Action TV, and ABC News. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
The ABC Owned Television Station, KFSN-Fresno, is seeking a Manager, Finance. This person will partner with the local leadership team to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals for the station. The Manager will lead the financial planning process for KFSN and create business analyses to support decision-making for station initiatives, news coverage and story needs.
The successful candidate is a production savvy, financial guru that can take data and translate it into sound business recommendations to enable KFSN leadership to make nimble, actionable decisions. The ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with multiple Business Partners will be critical to success.
• Support the day to day financial operation of the KFSN station
• Analyze all aspects of spending patterns to identify opportunities for efficiency and cost control
• Prepare reports on financial performance, forecast, and budget to communicate performance to Business Partners
• Provide insight on trends and financial history to Business Partners in order to enable informed decision making.
• Partner with other OTV station finance teams as well as the Division finance team to identify and establish best practice and consistent analyses
• Own and prepare the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan, forecasts, monthly & weekly reviews and other ad hoc reporting
• Develop and track KPI's for editorial and operations by creating processes to instill a culture of proactive cost discipline
• Collaborate with the station leaders to create and manage budgets
• Champion a culture of creativity, collaboration, diversity, and innovation
• Be an essential resource for the Business Partners; an integral part of the decision making team
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, ideally past experience leading / mentoring staff.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• MBA or CPA preferred
• Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills.
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.