Standards and Practices Manager
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
Legal Affairs for Disney General Entertainment Content is searching for attorneys to work in the role of Counsel for the Disney Branded Television and Freeform legal teams who will provide support in structuring, negotiating, drafting and advising on deals relating to the development and production of Disney and Freeform branded television programming for linear and direct to consumer platforms. Each Counsel will work in a supportive role as they continue to develop legal expertise, judgment and experience that is expected of more senior positions.
• Draft, negotiate, and oversee a wide variety of entertainment agreements, including those involving the development and production of television pilots and series produced by Freeform.
• Provide analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, intellectual property matters (chain of title, trademarks, copyrights), claims, production clearances (defamation, rights of publicity and privacy), and other matters.
• Provide general oversight and legal supervision over all legal matters that relate to assigned projects.
• Provide counsel to creative, business affairs, and production executives, and to television writers and producers with respect to original and complex fact-based projects.
• Continue to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the industry
• Continue to develop external legal contacts to learn and stay abreast of industry trends/legal developments
• A minimum of four (4) years of entertainment, intellectual property, corporate transactions and/or litigation experience at a law firm or major corporate or studio legal department
• Possess basic knowledge of industry best practices specific to business or legal specialty
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, problem solving, analytical, and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects, and a keen attention to detail
• Excellent academic credentials and references
• Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
• Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills, along with the ability to work under deadline and provide significant individual contributions while working as part of a diverse and dynamic team
• Ability to build professional, interdepartmental relationships at multiple levels
• Computer literacy and proficiency
• JD or equivalent
• Admitted or eligible for admission to practice in California
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.