Counsel, Labor Relations
Los Angeles, CA
The Counsel for Marketing will be a member of a diverse and dynamic Legal Affairs team. You will work collaboratively with the marketing team on all legal matters related to FX Networks' content, and will provide guidance and direction reflecting sound judgement and substantive legal knowledge.
• Handle agreements and identify and resolve legal issues in connection with the marketing, promotional and publicity operations, and initiatives of FX Networks
• Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including vendor master agreements and statements of work, licenses, releases, production-related agreements, digital agreements, cross-promotions, and sponsorships
• Analyzing and advising in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of television network(s)
• Providing solutions-oriented advice and subsequent review and approval for marketing output in all forms, including experiential activations, promotional goods, audiovisual pieces, co-branded content, social media activity, and more
• Minimum 3 years combined experience at a law firm, network/studio, marketing agency and/or in-house marketing department
• Familiarity with marketing legal issues preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority, and high-volume projects in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional ability to respond to and interact with creative and business executives at all levels of seniority and any degree of familiarity with legal issues in a manner that is personable, professional, and useful
• Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and communicating risks, making common sense decisions, and finding flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals
• Strong ability to work independently and to contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to curiosity, learning, and excellence
• Enthusiasm for developing skills and experience alongside an evolving business with innovative ideas
• JD or equivalent
• Strong academic credentials
• Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.