Infrastructure Services Engineer
As part of the Non-Linear (Digital Media) team, the Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the project management and hands on development of all FNG Asia digital products. This includes managing the various digital projects FNG Asia is engaged in; including but not limited to all application and website developments, social networking projects, OTT product development and more.
The role will be expected to liaise with both external vendors and internal stakeholders to keep projects organized and on time and requires a hands-on multifaceted digital media professional.
Are divided into two main areas of focus; Project & Product Management Functions and Development Functions.
Project & Product Management Functions;
• Manage and oversee the complete project lifecycle to deliver projects on time and on-target.
• Undertake project scoping, time management, planning and execution.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams on projects and new businesses.
• Facilitate and lead project meetings.
• Participate and lead project meetings.
• Prepare and gather project requirements and product backlog.
• Analyze and prepare various reports relating to current projects and product developments.
• Support digital marketing strategies across FNG Asia's entire channel, products and communications network.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Strong experience and knowledge in either or both iOS and Android application environments. Must be able to perform or manage minor changes and bug fixes to the existing codebase internally or with external vendors.
• Perform code and design reviews.
• Perform user acceptance testing and quality assurance.
• Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms and devices. Including mobile and tablets.
• Enforce project standards with both internal and external resources.
• Provide high-level support for existing websites and applications.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• University degree preferably in Engineering/Computer Science or an equivalent work experience.
• Strong understanding of digital media technologies with particular focus on OTT media; ingestion, encoding, transcoding, security, delivery etc.… within a media or related industry. Online and advanced television experience would be huge asset.
• Solid foundation in scripting languages and at least one of the main OOP languages.
• Working knowledge of Agile and/or other project management methods a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
• Practical experience in Agile Project Management and Development.
• Experience within a digital development environment.
• Strong understanding of Digital Media Technologies with particular focus in the digital video space.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong strategic capability set with ability to rigorously define, prioritize and execute across a complex range of categories, customers, products and functional groups.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to understand and translate complex business challenges into smart digital solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; active listener; able to communicate in all forms across the company; strong presentation skills in both large and small group settings; able to speak/write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles to a variety of audiences; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Ability to review and amend technical documentations. Good understanding of UML diagrams is a must.
• Exceptional understanding of interactive/advanced media.
• Demonstrated creative thinker; ability to see the ''big picture'' and understand how all departments within the company are connected and synthesize the multiple requirements into a cohesive digital strategy.
• Able to create and assess comprehensive reports on our digital production.
• Deep digital expertise both from a strategy and execution standpoint – Knowledge of Web Development a must, knowledge of iOS and Android Development a plus.
• Solid understanding of databases - Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL etc …
• Experience working with web and mobile video players a bonus.
• Solid understanding of cloud based infrastructure and the ability to set up development and production environments. E.g. Amazon, Rackspace, Akamai.
• Some experience with broadcast/ video workflow a plus.
• Ability and willingness to work in a small team and be self-sufficient, sometimes with limited resources.
• Enthusiastic to learn and dive in, roll up your sleeves and do anything and everything that is required to deliver on a project. Will not accept that something ''cannot be done.''
• Staying abreast of innovations in digital trends and communicating to stakeholders to further digital initiatives
• Flexible and adaptable – happy and efficient in a structured environment but can also thrive when there may be lack of structure or tasked to charter new territory.
• Sociable and enjoys building relationships with all types of people.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.