Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
The FX/NGC Standards & Practices department is seeking a Manager responsible for reviewing and evaluating the acceptability of Entertainment and Documentary content submitted via scripts, rough-cuts, and final cuts (in English and Spanish) in accordance with network/corporate guidelines and FTC and FCC regulations. This Manager gives standards notes on all stages of the creative process to the final network version of all series and establishes a collaborative working relationship with Programming, Producers, Directors, Post Production, Network Operations, Advertising and Sales to ensure that all programs meet Standards and Practices acceptability.
This job requires Spanish language skills to assist with duties for Spanish-language networks and programming.
• Read, review and determine acceptability of all written programming materials. Issues notes for all content that may include excessive violence, unacceptable language, sexually explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement and graphic visuals that might be upsetting to viewers.
• Screens and gives written approval on all rough cuts and final versions of scheduled programming.
• Assigns an appropriate V-Chip rating and/or advisory to the programs.
• Informs Programming, Production, and Network Operations of rating so that any outstanding issues can be resolved before air date.
• Maintains positive working relationship with all parties involved in creating and producing programming that is network acceptable.
• Screens rough cuts and final versions of direct response advertisements (Spanish language) to ensure that the ads are appropriate for air and meet all FTC and FDA guidelines. Assigns appropriate time slots in which the spots may air.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• Spanish-language proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years with Standards or Clearance experience is preferred.
• Experience within a corporate environment is strongly preferred.
• Computer proficiency required, including experience in PC environment and Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Must be a team player, and able to prioritize, work efficiently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess ability to handle difficult situations or people interactions diplomatically.
• The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including foul language, sexual scenes, etc. that appears in advertisements and programming submitted for review.
College degree, Bachelor's or higher is required.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.