Full Time Job
Senior Web Designer
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
This role is great opportunity for someone with digital design and project management skills to work within a global Design team, collaboratively with editorial, technical and product stakeholders and take care of the ecosystem of brands within The Walt Disney Company (FOX, National Geographic, Disney, ESPN, Star Wars, Marvel).
You will be part of an international team helping to ideate and build new digital products, define and execute processes to do so, design and set up visual solutions for the Company's digital product portfolio including non-linear television, web and apps, as well as affiliate and content business models.
A successful candidate must be autonomous, self-organized, project-management oriented and disciplined, while creative and self-motivated; have strong attention to detail and great communication skills.
The candidate must also be proactive, process-driven, meet committed deadlines, and great at working collaboratively in an international environment.
• Liaise with technical, editorial and product teams in order to successfully ideate, build, launch and operate digital products.
• Lead, build and execute multimedia asset creation and delivery workflows, scoping out tasks, effectively managing workload and meeting committed deadlines.
• Determine and evolve processes, workflow, scope and timings to optimise operational efficiencies.
• Ensure integrity and quality of all material delivered by third parties and internal suppliers.
• Become the owner and evangelist of brand guidelines for The Walt Disney Company and its brand portfolio within the organization. Be an authoritative voice within the organization about how these guidelines need to be applied in digital products and assist stakeholders in how to do so. Come up with new guidelines in collaboration with brand teams.
• Define and apply branding strategies for new digital products, making sure they apply to all relevant formats and platforms and ensuring the value of the TWDC brands is maximized.
• Proactively manage and mitigate project changes, contingencies and risks on an ongoing basis with both regional and local stakeholders.
• Manage and mentor junior designers in the team, helping them grow their careers, acquire new competencies and developing their technical skills.
• Work with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and third parties, to deliver a feasible solution.
• Liaise with internal colleagues across EMEA, UK and in the United States to secure, manage, source and organize content assets and legal terms.
5+ years of product design experience.
Strong portfolio showcasing of real live work and your design process.
Exceptional design skills, including a very good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and similar tools.
Deep knowledge of Front-End coding, including HTML and CSS.
Deep understanding of UI patterns and Web Standards.
Solid understanding of design methodologies.
Knowledge of CMS management is a plus.
Experience working with and contributing to design systems, guidelines and other best practices.
Deep understanding and up-to-date experience with modern web application technologies.
Experience in digital production and project management; very good understanding of content and consumer behaviour online.
Multi-tasking of multiple projects and priorities essential.
Experience working with premium international brands.
Must work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Spirit of research and understanding what other players are doing in the market.
Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work.
Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence.
Effectively build and execute multimedia asset creation and delivery workflows, scoping out tasks, effectively managing workload and meeting committed deadlines.
Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues.
Strong collaborative approach to work. Ability to build good relationships with colleagues.
Ability to look at the bigger picture and understand complex structures.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, verbal, and written skills.
Adaptability to cross-cultural communications and a diverse group of people.
Strong self-starter with high standards and excellent attention to detail.
Must be positive, professional, tactful and a team player.
Excellent written and spoken English is essential. Speaking other EU languages (German, Italian, French…) is a plus.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.