CX Systems Manager
London, United Kingdom
The Walt Disney Company's (TWDC) Media Networks division spans General Entertainment, Factual and Kids and Family genres through the overarching Fox, National Geographic and Disney Channel brands.
The purpose of the Senior Analyst, Research and Insight, is to support the EMEA networks with audience insights and marketplace context across content and viewing trends from linear and non-linear platforms with a primary focus on National Geographic. This role will require the ability to synthesise datasets across markets, identifying themes and trends in viewing habits and choices to help optimise our overall channel performance and management. The role requires strong analytical skills, an inquisitive mind and a love of TV content.
This role will support the Research Manager for the genre, and work in partnership with the overall Media Networks Research and Insight team.
• Providing insights for marketing and programming through analysis and interpretation of audience ratings measurement and broader consumer insights across linear and non- linear platforms.
• Deliver specific genre deep dives focusing on core competitor channel set as well as broader video choices from genre fans
• Use internal and external data sources to undertake analysis, identifying key themes and making recommendations as appropriate to more senior marketing or business stakeholders.
• Work with local market research teams within EMEA ensuring the regional team are informed about market specific highlights and developments impacting on the MN business
• Support research management in strategic reviews and forward planning analysis
• Supporting the research management in running primary or desk research projects to understand audience viewing behaviours.
• Liaise with global research team and represent the EMEA perspectives to ensure that insights support the business at both a global and regional level
• Ensure specific insights support the local UK business
• Build independent relationships across functions focused on the genre
• Highly numerate and excellent analytical skills, including data manipulation
• Outstanding attention to detail and ability to manipulate large data sets
• Excellent organisational, written and presentation skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build clear insight from analysis & presentation of research data from a variety of sources
• Experience within a broadcaster or media research consultancy setting
• Experience in TV audience measurement tools, e.g. TechEdge
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with data visualisation and databases (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
• Knowledge and experience of statistical tools e.g. SPSS, Survey Reporter, TGI desirable but not essential
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.