Senior Financial Analyst
As a part of Disney, ABC Signature Studios is the place to connect technical and entertainment excellence. Here, you will work alongside the best, chart your own career course and help create the next generation of media and entertainment. It's an exciting time as we work across multiple platforms and on multiple continents, all while changing the face of media. And, you could be a part of the next evolution.
This position will supervise several Production Accounting teams to create and provide production budgets and cost reports for ABC Signature pilots, episodic series, presentations and a myriad of ongoing and ad hoc analysis as well as the controllership functions.
• Liaise with Production, Creative, Post, Music and Corp. Finance teams to maintain fiscal efficiencies for our Broadcast Network, Streaming Platforms, programs as well as projects in development
• Provide consulting services for finance and field production accountants on a daily basis
• Identify cost/spend trends through historical data, financial analysis and budgets
• Assist in the selection and hiring of Accountants for various pilots and series
• Stay up-to-date and informed on union regulations and area specific labor pools
• Will handle all aspect of production tax incentives
• Understand and be proficient in reconciling all ABC Signature production accountant's pattern and amort budgets on a seasonal basis as well as review all pilot budget throughout the year
• Mentor and educate associates and finance executives of various aspects of production finance and estimating/budgeting
• Verify and enforce compliance with all federal, state, union and governmental policies and regulations as well as all production policies
• Thorough knowledge of state and international tax incentive laws and credits to provide senior management with the latest tax incentive analysis as to the best location to capture the highest return of rebates and tax credits to the company
• Full knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Minimum 7 years production accounting/finance experience with at least 3 years in a Lead Accountant role
• Understand the nuances between Network/Streaming 1 Hr. Dramas, Comedies and Multi-Camera pilots, series and unscripted
• B.A. or degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.