Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. Our Information Services team strives to design and develop solutions, often integrating 3rd party products, to optimize our internal business processes and inform decision making (e.g. Analytics, Production Management, HR, Training and Finance).
A Senior Full Stack Software Engineer in Information Services (IS) will be assigned to a variety of projects that will require them to work closely with our stakeholders to understand their workflows/requirements, lead in designing a viable solution, and implement the plan in a timely manner. The IS team focuses primarily on full-stack web technologies, but we strive for the best long term solution regardless of the technology. We are looking for someone who is a flexible leader, has a natural curiosity to continually improve their craft, and enjoys sharing knowledge with the team, including mentoring less experienced software engineers.
• 8+ years of expertise in web development with a solid working knowledge of React, Django, and Python
• Experience working with web technologies like JSON, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
• Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB
• Experience selecting and integrating 3rd party applications and services
• Proven leadership of a team of software engineers to define and meet commitments
• Set a positive example in regards to advancing technical competence and using healthy debate to resolve differences and build consensus
• Deep partnership and empathy with stakeholders to gain understanding of workflows and requirements
• Deliver detailed updates and statuses on specific bugs, features, or tasks within a project.
Experience with one or more of these are a bonus:
• Experience with developing for and deploying in cloud-native infrastructure like AWS, GCP, etc
• Experience with securing web applications and services with modern authentication and authorization principles such as SSO and OAuth 2.0
• Familiar with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
• Experience building a data pipeline using a cloud-native infrastructure
• Experience with analytical tools like Tableau, R/R Studio
• Experience with designing scalable solutions for data science and analytic needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w211-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.