Senior Manager, Franchise Management & Marketing
Sr. (Data) Marketing Scientist
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Marketing Science is an applied science team within The Walt Disney Studios Marketing organization. The team is interdisciplinary and cross-functional. Members of the team draw on knowledge and expertise from a wide range of academic disciplines, but primarily in areas related to applied mathematics and the social sciences, in order to advance data-driven marketing at The Walt Disney Studios. Depending on their backgrounds and interests, they may engage in market research, experimentation, forecasting, causal measurement, optimization, or data-related automation. Marketing Science is a part of The Walt Disney Studios Performance Marketing and is closely integrated with Performance Marketing operations. Members of the Marketing Science team generally learn about the advertising and marketing technologies that connect these operations in order to find opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness.
• Oversee or carry out all aspects of quality market research, including oversee proper sampling, assign sample weights, participate in survey / research design, and validate survey programming.
• Design innovative research studies that uncover not only consumer trends and behavior but also the beliefs, values and motivations of consumers
• Use discrete choice models and other advanced analytic techniques to better understand the way consumers make decisions
• Use unsupervised learning models and other advanced analytic techniques to produce and evaluate data-driven customer segmentations for various marketing purposes
• Synthesize audience and consumer insights into compelling narratives for business stakeholders in The Walt Disney Studios Marketing organization
• Coordinate work with other research teams at The Walt Disney Company
• 7+ years of related experience/training-can be combined between professional experience and graduate-level academic training
• 4+ years of professional experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of media and marketing as well as a desire to learn more
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entertainment / media industries
• Outstanding business acumen in addition to strong technical skills
• Proven creative problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others to handle multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to simplify complex analytics into clear recommendations that are easily understood and executable
• Ability to work independently as well as across teams in a diverse, international, collaborative environment
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and balance concurrent projects and sustainment activities
• Proficiency in performing exploratory quantitative analysis
• Proficiency in fitting, evaluating, and interpreting relevant statistical or machine learning models
• Proficiency with R or Python
• Demonstrated experience with SQL, would be an asset
• Demonstrated experience with Tableau or other data visualization tool
• Bachelor's degree with significant academic exposure to formal or quantitative methods
• Graduate degree (Master's or Doctorate)-with significant graduate-level academic exposure to formal or quantitative methods is a strong asset
• Demonstrated academic achievement in statistics and probability-typically involving graduate-level coursework
• Further demonstrated academic achievement in areas related to specialization. For the market research specialization, areas might include psychology, sociology, cognitive science, or marketing. For the data science specialization, areas might include applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or computer science
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w897-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.