Job Title: Senior Manager, Finance & Planning
Reports To: Director, Finance
The Senior Manager, Finance & Planning will work within the Finance and Studio Strategy function at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Senior Manager will work closely with DMED Finance, Controllership, WDAS Vancouver Finance as well as other stakeholders across The Walt Disney Company. This position plays a key leadership role within WDAS Finance with a focus on FP&A and helping build the finance process and reporting within our Vancouver studio.
• Lead Company driven financial processes and presentations, including but not limited to the Five Year Plan (Long Range Plan), Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast updates
• Drive the forecast and strategy discussions with the WDAS Overhead and Technology teams
• Drive the consolidation, detailed review and approval process for capital and headcount requests
• Work closely with the Finance team at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Vancouver) to establish consistency in reporting, planning and communication
• Partner with the Vancouver Finance team in calculating tax incentives as well as providing detailed cash flow forecasts to Treasury
• Partner with Controllership in driving the quarter and fiscal year end close processes
• Partner with the WDAS Executive team to understand key business drivers as well as helping identify any risks or opportunities
• Work collaboratively with Studio department leaders on studio planning scenarios and analysis that align with financial objectives and resource planning
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of Finance professionals
• Perform ad hoc projects at the request of Studio senior management
• Gracious and effective leader who inspires and motivates
• Proven track record at developing and managing teams in a fast-paced and inclusive environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and succinctly present to senior leadership
• 7+ years of experience
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across various functions
• SAP and Cognos TM1 experience is a plus
• Bachelor's degree required (emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance preferred)
• Graduate degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance preferred
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv6w0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.