Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environment Modeler to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.
• Strong experience building complex set and prop models with organized, efficient, polygonal topology including: vehicles, buildings, plant life, terrain and complete set environments. Models will need to be constructed to account for mechanical articulation when necessary.
• Complete organization and packaging of assets for efficient downstream consumption.
• Work well in a collaborative environment.
• Address direction and feedback from Leads, Supervisors, Directors and Art Directors.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling in Maya
• An understanding of ZBrush/Mudbox
• Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
• Stays aware of new modeling tools and industry standards for modeling
• Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models
• Experience creating stylized environments and props
• Ability to manage complexity of models
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
• Layout experience a plus
• Experience with 3d modeling, set dressing and presentation tools such as Houdini, Blender, Clarisse and Marmoset a plus
• Previous experience with traditional 3D sculpting a plus
• Scripting (Python) background a plus
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes and 2D reference art should be shown.
WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67qbj-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.