Known for our explanatory journalism, Vox is a user's guide to the news, helping readers make sense of everything from the Covid-19 pandemic to the protests against police brutality to the 2020 election. We want to create the single best resource for news consumers anywhere.
Vox is searching for an executive to oversee all business and editorial operations for Vox, a multi-faced general news network spanning text, video, podcasts, and TV. Reporting to the Publisher at Vox Media, the Senior Vice President will be uniquely responsible for the full breadth of the Vox network and its world-class explanatory journalism, primarily focused on maintaining and growing its core business lines, and identifying new ones. The ideal candidate is motivated by the challenges and opportunities of the modern digital media business, and is growth-minded and entrepreneurial.
What you'll do:
• Support the editor-in-chief and other senior leaders in setting editorial priorities and plans that fulfill Vox's journalistic mission and ambitions, align with network and company-level business strategies and budget, and grow Vox's reach and influence.
• Grow and expand Vox's TV, audio, and consumer revenue programs, as well as its advertising business.
• Identify new and emerging revenue opportunities and business lines.
• Develop, execute and champion initiatives to continue to make Vox a more diverse, equitable and inclusive newsroom.
• Set and manage budget for the entire Vox network.
• Represent Vox among the company's senior and executive leadership team
• Work with Vox Media's Publisher and other SVPs in the editorial organization in setting company-wide initiatives, programs, and policies.
What you'll bring:
• A deep understanding of and reverence for Vox's explanatory mission.
• Executive-level experience in newsroom and people management and/or media business development.
• Demonstrated ability to grow revenue while putting journalism, audience, and ethical standards first.
• A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Demonstrated skill in leading large, complex teams in a fast-paced environment, and in managing senior leaders and executives.
• Enthusiasm for and experience in leading successfully through organizational change.
• TV/podcast development experience is a plus.
More about Vox Media:
Vox Media's portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnq2y-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.