The Vox Media Podcast Network is one of the largest and fastest-growing collections of high-quality podcasts. With more than 175 active shows from Vox Media's editorial networks and beyond, there is a show to feed every passion - from daily news and policy, to tech and business, to culture and sports.
We're looking for an enterprising and creative Producer with considerable experience producing narrative audio stories, and preferably with a background in journalism/newsrooms. In collaboration with digital reporters at Vox Media's editorial brands, the Producer will plan and execute all phases of reporting and production for the VMPN's seasonal franchises like Land of the Giants. They may work with colleagues from around the company to produce pilot episodes of podcasts in a variety of categories, the law, politics, food, and pop culture among them. Our work spans a wide array of subject matter and team configurations. And our producers oversee a diverse and dynamic rotating slate of programming. If you're right for this role, you're a hands-on, deadline-driven, self-directed producer who's comfortable working independently to deliver high-quality produced pieces-but thrives in a team setting where many different voices are welcomed into the process of shaping the work.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with the VMPN team and stakeholders at Vox Media's editorial brands on every stage of podcast creation, from pitching to mix layups
• Collaborate with print/digital journalists on reporting and producing compelling narrative podcast episodes
• Support the development and production of pilots and special series with Vox Media colleagues and third-party contributors
What you'll bring:
• Experience pitching, reporting, outlining and scripting compelling, character-driven audio news or feature stories
• An organized and efficient approach to executing complex stories on deadline, and the ability to juggle workflows on multiple projects in a given month/quarter
• Enthusiasm for working with editorial teams of varied skillsets and diverse experience in audio
• A portfolio that demonstrates an ear for great tape and inventive approaches to audio storytelling
• A track record of developing stories that draw on diverse perspectives/source lists
• The drive to work independently and bring complex projects to completion on deadline
• Proficiency in audio mixing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo4oy-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.