Senior Account Strategist
New York, NY
WHO WE ARE
Vox Media's Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Concept, budget development and execution for custom events, turnkey opportunities, editorial initiatives and marketing partnerships. Production and sponsorship support on tentpoles, custom events, editorial initiatives and key additional projects including production and execution of virtual and in person events and activations.
• Manage the ideation and execution of a large range of B2B and B2C Vox Media experiential programs including: large-scale festivals and conferences, franchises, editorial events/activations, custom advertiser experiences and partnership events
• Participate in internal brainstorms and concept development for RFP's, RFI's and proactive pitches and bring big creative thinking, writing and visual presentation skills to each proposal and pitch
• Manage proposal from initial concept, ideation and pitch through to execution and recap development for a range of experiences on behalf of varied networks
• Work closely with account directors, creative strategists, and other members of the marketing & revenue organization to develop concepts and proposals that meet client objectives and position Vox Media to win business with out-of-the-box, on trend, and exciting experiential concepts and activations
• In conjunction with manager(s), participate directly with clients on calls and in meetings to ensure event concepts and proposals are delivered, production is on track, and clients' expectations and goals are met
• Manage event production elements including P&L development and budget tracking, production schedules and timelines, venue and/or platform management, on-site/virtual branding elements, food and beverage, talent booking/prep, guest engagement and sponsor activations
• Work closely with marketing and promotion lead, insights and data teams on strategy and timeline to create targeted guest list and ensure strong attendance
• Work closely with design on the production of event-related creative elements (event RSVP page, invitations, ads, email blasts/newsletters, social media creative) and manage all creative deliverables
• Research industry standards, trends, event concepts (both virtual and in-person), and monitor competitive brands' events to ensure Vox Media remains on trend and innovative within the industry
WHO YOU ARE
• Strategic and creative thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
• Extremely organized individual with experience managing and producing highly visible experiential projects with multiple stakeholders
• Proven ability to execute a wide variety of experiences ranging in size, scale and budget
• Ability to create decks, presentations, budgets, run of show documents, etc
• Enjoy developing creative ideas for experiences based on marketing strategy, messaging and program objectives
• Enjoy keeping up with industry trends and concept development to push Vox Media to the forefront of the industry
• Impeccable communication skills
• A significant level of independent thought and an ability to embrace ambiguity and challenge existing norms to exceed the goals and objectives of the marketing team
• Ability to succeed and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is remote/in office in New York City. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xjj7-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.