Director of Shared Services and Systems
The Director of Shared Services and Systems at Vox Media will be primarily responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the accounts payable, payroll, expense reimbursement and travel booking teams and the related accounting systems, including (but not limited to) Concur, Ultipro, Egencia, Shortlist,and FinancialForce . This position will report into the Controller and will require travel to the Company's Washington DC office 1-2 times per quarter (if not DC based) and to the New York office 1-2 times per year (if not NY based). The ideal candidate will be ready to join a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to change and be excited to build scalable, controlled processes.
What you'll do:
• Manage a total staff of 9 including 2 direct reports
• Oversee the team, processes, and systems supporting operational accounting areas (Accounts Payable (A/P), Freelancer Payments, Payroll, Employee Expense Reimbursement and Travel Booking)
• Ensure proper internal controls exist with respect to all payment processes, including appropriate approvals and proper documentation
• Identify and lead process improvement efforts to ensure improved efficiency of the department's processes and support company growth while enhancing the internal control environment
• Train, manage, and provide feedback and coaching to members of the team
• Collaborate with other Finance managers in the assessment and implementation of business process improvements that promote greater efficiency and enhance internal controls
• Support the month end close process
• Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports to be utilized in financial analysis, month end close and audit schedule preparation
• Develop and manage effective communication tools and excellent customer service within the organization and with third parties
• Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as needed
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of 8-10 years' previous experience in public accounting or a corporate accounting department
• CPA license preferred
• Experience in key finance and accounting functions including payments and accounts payable processing, financial analysis, and strategic business decision support
• Experience with financial system conversions and/or implementations, including Concur, FinancialForce, or any other accounting related payroll systems
• High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
• A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across an organization to build or enhance processes
• Significant experience in managing teams and in providing training, coaching and feedback
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels within an organization
• Understanding of accounting principles, internal controls, vendor management, payroll management, 1099 processing and payment processing best practices.
• Strong computer skills – Expert level MS Excel skills including extensive experience with pivot tables and VLOOKUP's; proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint or equivalent Google Apps.
• Self-motivation and desire to continually improve efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of processes
Bonus points for:
• Experience working in the digital media and/or advertising industry
• Experience with Salesforce, FinancialForce, Concur
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pow9-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.