WHO WE ARE
As a critical member of the retention team for the Consumer Marketing's audience group, you'll manage our essential communications to subscribers of New York. You will lead strategy across our billing experiences, aggregating detailed reports on the performance of billing journeys across subscriber segments and lifecycle moments, providing recommendations to product and optimization on improvements to our existing treatments on the site. You'll also be fully responsible for the end to end management of our billing email tactics, and own a testing roadmap for our priority subscription journey moments. Ideally, you are someone who has worked with subscription lifecycle management and understands how to turn insights into long term retention and nurturing tactics.
Vox Media's Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• You'll be responsible for reporting and analyzing the renewal success of our billing moments; churn across free trial and intro periods, annual renewal, cancelation and changes in account (upgrade, downgrade). You will create detailed reports on the learnings we find from testing the design, messaging, and overall urgency of our campaigns that inform stronger tactics for retaining subscribers during their most vulnerable periods.
• Own the end-to-end management of our subscription billing email program; you'll create briefs for our creative team, identify messaging hierarchy, best practices and intent of our copy and templates. You'll also own the end to end production of these emails, managing audience segmentation and campaigns in our EMS lifecycle builder.
• Partner with optimization and product to create data-driven improvements and testing tactics across our retention journeys, providing them with informed briefs describing our supporting data, hypothesis, and improvements to our subscription billing journeys on the site and in email. Develop, plan, and optimize subscriber transactional and nurturing campaigns through rigorous, hypothesis-driven A/B testing.
• Partner with CX to gather and distill customer feedback on pain points, errors, and improvements to our billing journeys on a regular basis, reporting to product and editorial stakeholders on the voice of subscribers and their primary complaints/ concerns.
• Partner with the analytics team to gather ongoing reports and data on user journey's to discover insights and drive performance. Understand and report on key retention KPIs including but not limited to click through rates, open rates, sessions, pageviews, retention rate, churn rate, and user level data.
• Partner with the rest of the audience team and the Vox research team to create and distribute surveys across our key journey moments, using qualitative and quantitative analysis to distill responses into detailed reports to share with data, product, and acquisition partners. Leverage subscriber feedback to improve our existing billing tactics, and make recommendations to the rest of the audience team on areas of our subscriber journey that could be improved with additional engagement or personalization.
WHO YOU ARE
• 3-4 years of experience working with automated email campaigns, user segmentation and data analytics.
• Experience with ESP management preferred.
• Data-driven individual with the ability to dig into large sets of data to interpret findings, analyze trends, recognize anomalies and build testing plans based on data.
• Strong analytical skills (particularly with Excel / Google Sheets, Google Analytics...) and the ability to leverage data for insights and action. Experience with Qualtrics or other qualitative data tools is a plus.
• Executional knowledge across a variety of marketing tactics/channels- email/ on site/ social/ direct mail etc.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is at ease communicating across teams and different levels within a large organization
• Experience working with digital support/ customer experience teams is a plus.
• Ability to work, coordinate, and build relationships with multiple stakeholders.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is located in New York, NY. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qv6y-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.