WHO WE ARE
Vox Media's Revenue organization handles advertising and marketing partnerships with brands and agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue and commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what's now, what's next, and what's possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Vox Media is looking for a hard-working, fast-moving, beauty-obsessed associate editor to join our well-known beauty client's dedicated content team. In this role, you will pitch, write, and produce search engine-optimized articles about beauty trends across makeup, hair, and skin care categories.
Our ideal candidate is a beauty lover with a smart, fun voice and strong organizational skills, a knowledge of SEO, a stickler for AP Style, and an understanding of the type of content that performs. If you've got a passion for beauty and love to write, we want to talk to you!
• Pitch, write, and produce daily content for a beauty client's websites
• Rework seasonal, timely, and evergreen articles with focus on SEO
• Prioritize workload and work with senior team to prioritize when help is needed
• Assist with editing as needed
• Bring client's products to life through editorial content, writing in the voice and tone of each site
• Work with client's brands to understand priorities and communicate with client to plan content
• Communicate with legal team for article approval
• Create performance reports to present to beauty client
• Track beauty client brand mentions across newsletters, sites, and social
• Coordinate sweepstakes and sampling campaigns across websites, including monitoring promotion, working with legal and creative teams, pulling winners, etc.
• Work with the creative team to bring stories to life
• Perform cross-functional duties as needed, supporting social media and other editorial projects
• Develop and maintain relationships with experts, content sources, PR reps, and other industry contacts
• Attend events, conduct interviews, take photos, and secure original content for site
• Represent websites on camera or in creative as needed
• Work with editorial and creative team to execute special projects for beauty client as needed
• Join Vox Media editorial ''task forces'' as needed, contributing ideas and feedback for new initiatives and tools
WHO YOU ARE
• 2+ years of experience in writing/editing/blogging or related field
• Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
• Strong SEO skills
• Ability to turn around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
• Familiarity with social media
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
• Is proficient with HTML, Photoshop, CMS, tagging guide, and style guide
• Sitecore CMS experience a plus
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus
• JIRA and Airtable project management software experience a plus
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We've hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
This job is remote. We're dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3y6m-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.