Data Analytics Lead
New York, NY
LOCATION: Please note- you have the option of being fully remote, hybrid, or in office (NY or DC) for this role.
We are seeking an experienced program manager that is capable of managing all aspects of data capture for Vox Media. This role will be responsible for creating a scalable, reliable implementation to serve as the foundation for understanding our content, audience, and product insights to communicate to stakeholders across the entire company. You will be responsible for providing a point-of-view for best-practices, be able to seamlessly translate company objectives into technical solutions, document and communicate enhancements in data collection to stakeholders and participate in educational programs for end-user training.
What You'll Do
• Manage Vox Media's data implementation and identify areas for improvement to enable actionable insights of our audience, content, user experience, advertising, subscriptions, and affiliate ecommerce business.
• Serve as subject matter expert for guiding our Product team on the implementation of analytics solutions (Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Adobe Analytics, etc.) using Google Tag Manager.
• Help oversee the solution design requirements for data capture across all Vox Media digital properties and platforms, including for emerging areas of focus like data privacy and page speed
• Stay in-the-loop with upcoming product launches, collect/interpret/anticipate stakeholder's questions, create implementation requirements and documentation, and work with the product/dev team to see that requirements are implemented as designed.
• Interface with our vendors to stay up to date on new capabilities, products, and ways that we can optimize our data collection.
• Support our team's education efforts by running/participating in training sessions showing end users how to use the data that is being collected.
• Create systems to proactively monitor and catch issues/errors in data collection.
• Bring innovative ways to integrate disparate data sources for a more holistic view of our audience, content, and advertising.
• Assist with evaluation of analytics vendors and contracts.
What You'll Bring
• You have managed an analytics implementation before and know the ins-and-outs of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
• You have the ability to bridge the gap between implementation requirements, reporting, and how the data can be visualized in reports/analyses.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills - empathizing with and optimizing to your current stakeholder's needs and have an enthusiasm for collaborative work.
• You're able to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously. You take initiative in starting new projects and seeing them through (individually or through collaboration).
Bonus points for:
• Experience with content management systems
• Experience with Jira or similar project management tools
• A passion for Vox Media brands, content, and products.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r113p0-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.