We currently are searching for an IT Support Technician, in our Engineering Department, located in Burbank, California.
This role is benefits eligible, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K with company match. Paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the day to day work within the facility, issue resolution, and interacting with other departments to ensure systems are functioning correctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take first call on support issues via telephone, email, instant message, and ticket system
- Gather relevant details and escalate to other team members when appropriate
- Troubleshoot relatively simple hardware, software, and network problems
- Perform standard procedures such as password resets, telephone delegation, and software updates
- Setup new user workstations
- On-boarding and off-boarding of new hires
- Perform installation of software on computer systems
- Troubleshoot computer hardware problems and perform break/fix repairs as necessary
- Monitor key technical systems and report on metrics such as warnings and alerts
- Shadow members of the Engineering team to develop knowledge and experience across production technology and IT
- Provide IT and software assistance to other departments as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned or related to position
Education and Experience:
- 1+ years of formal computer management training experience preferred
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities
- Strong ability to work unsupervised and at a fast pace
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business
- Team-oriented in a highly collaborative environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Flexible during times of change
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to mentor and train less experienced/junior to mid-level employees
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Good organizational and project coordination skills are necessary, including the ability to compile materials.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, flexible hours, work on location, etc
- Knowledge of business and customer service and service methods
- Skill in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- The ability to work independently at tasks that require concentration
- Language and communication skills to receive instructions, follow directions, and work both productively and safely
- Continual computer keyboard and monitor use while sitting to perform desk-related work for extended periods of time.
- Continual use of telephone system to receive and convey information
- Occasional walking, grasping, reaching, bending, carrying, and lifting (up to 20 lbs.).
- Position may require employee to be available to work overtime, depending on the Company service requirements.
- Position may require employee to be available to work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, depending on the Company scheduling requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1b70-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.