Full Time Job
VP, Sales & Brand Partnerships APAC
Vice Media Group
- Full Time
Job DescriptionVICE Media Group is looking for a highly effective and engaging sales and revenue leader with a laser-focused approach to revenue generation, and a mindful and passionate brand builder committed to driving thought leadership and excellence throughout the VMG digital line of business.
You have proven and extensive experience in managing a sales team, and pitching and securing large-scale brand partnerships across APAC, with a focus on Singapore, Hong Kong, China, and Southeast Asia.
The role will include pitching, closing, and executing large-scale deals on highly strategic accounts across media and branded content. As a creative entrepreneur, you will drive deals from inception to close, with a passion for solving complex marketing challenges, an obsessive focus on customer service, and a deep understanding of how to package and sell a suite of core products including video, mobile, experiential and social.
You will have exceptional teamwork skills, and an unbridled interest and enthusiasm for youth culture and everything the VICE and i-D brands represent. You will also be able to hold sway in a room (or zoom) full of senior clients.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for defining the strategic roadmap for how we devise, convert, and execute the VMG proposition in the marketplace to drive revenue and opportunity for the digital line of business.
• Drive forward the generation & conversion of revenue opportunities across our media, content, and experiential products, setting and monitoring lead generation, meeting frequency, and opportunity generation goals, and ultimately accountable for the delivery of the combined revenue goals of the VMG APAC sales team.
• Strategically approach and create plans for the growth and development of existing and potential large-scale advertiser relationships from a short, medium, and long-term perspective. This includes partnering with other parts of the VMG business, such as our creative agency VIRTUE, to truly scale client relationships.
• Responsible for the direct management of the VMG sales and client service teams across SEA and Greater China, along with a range of 3rd party reps in non-office markets across APAC.
What You Have:
• The ability to represent the VICE and i-D brands and their values both internally and externally, working with senior and executive stakeholders across the client and agency landscape, to maintain the positive perception and understanding of the VMG offering.
• Confidence in scoping new business opportunities, as well as pitching, closing, and executing on large-scale deals with the region's most well-known brands and government partners.
• A passion for solving complex marketing challenges, an obsessive focus on customer service, and a deep knowledge of how to package and sell a suite of core products including digital video, mobile, experiential and social.
• A deep and demonstrated understanding of digital content, branded entertainment, and youth culture across music, fashion, travel, and pop culture in Asia.
To Be Successful Here You Are:
• In possession of outstanding senior client, agency, and government relationships
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
• Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
• Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader
• Preferably fluent in Mandarin
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media, and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and Berlin; and i-D, a global digital and quarterly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo779-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Vice Media Group
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP Launched in 1994, VICE Media Group has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.