Role x You:
You are a highly motivated self-starter who has a deep commitment and passion for the mission of VICE Media Group to capture people at the heart of stories, and focus on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and can prioritize requests from multiple departments. You are a team player and an extremely organized, passionate, and detail-oriented individual who can provide leadership, and continuity across VICE's commercial team.
• Lead the legal support functions for the Global Commercial Team, overseeing the digital teams of VICE Media Group and the VIRTUE line of business
• Counsel business teams on advertising law compliance, policy, and process, including high risk advertising categories, testimonials and endorsements, claim substantiation, and FTC disclosures, among other issues
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, such as, master services agreements, partnership agreements, talent and influencer agreements, intellectual property license agreements, technology services agreements, production agreements and releases
• Draft, review and negotiate agreements related to multimedia advertising sales, advertising technology, branded and custom content and experiential components related thereto
• Analyze complex agreements and advising senior executives and the Chief Legal Officer in connection with intricate contractual issues
• Manage VICE's worldwide trademark portfolios and counsel internal stakeholders with respect to filing, maintenance and enforcement strategy for VICE's global IP, as well as assess and advise on the strength of IP related claims and draft cease and desist letters and take down notices.
• Manage copyright matters on a global level and oversee potential litigation related thereto
• Lead team in various process improvements and developing contract forms
• Manage a group budget and oversee relationships with various external counsel
You have these:
• Law degree and member of a state bar in good standing
• 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably with a law firm and in-house with a media company or advertising agency
• Experience in negotiating and drafting a wide range of complex commercial agreements
• Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, and to both work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
We'd love if you also have these:
• A deep understanding of the law related to intellectual property, media and advertising
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6qx1-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.