Role x You
The Vice President Communications oversees the communications strategy for VICE Media Group's key businesses and portfolio of brands across the Americas which include: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content reaching over 380 million globally every month; VICE Studios, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network in 160 million households; the award-winning global VICE News division which has 69 Emmy® nominations and 17 wins; VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world, Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; Pulse Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin and i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture.
The position serves as a key leader on the international communications team and for the company at-large.
• Leading, developing and executing the company's global communications strategy for its news, digital and television properties across all vehicles including social, digital, print, audio and broadcast platforms.
• Identifying opportunities to build the VICE brand and business narrative and enhance the external understanding of the business among consumers, trade and clients.
• Strengthening existing and establishing new relationships with reporters/media outlets, influencers and other external partners.
• Writing and editing press releases, media advisories, briefings, statements, and speeches on a wider corporate level beyond content launches.
• Working directly with the Global Chief Marketing Officer and SVP, Global Communications, to develop crisis communications plans and executing them accordingly
• Managing global partnerships, content launches and joint ventures with news and television partners including A+E Networks, SHOWTIME, Spotify and Hulu.
• Managing a team of 6-8 based in the US, as well as agency partners.
• Identifying third-party commentary topics, trends and news agenda items in order to proactively pitch and secure daily media coverage. Specifically strategizing and executing on opportunities to build VICE's reputation as a leading media company and business.
• Advising and directing a diverse group of executive team members responsible for each line of business.
You have these:
• 15+ years of combined experience in corporate communications, public relations, digital media, news and/or entertainment preferred
• Has managed a team in previous roles with validated management capabilities
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, digital studies, marketing
• Financial & Investor Relations experience
• Strong writing skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Consistent track record of securing high-level media coverage
• Corporate communications experience supporting C-suite executives
• Strong existing relationships with media, including business and trade journalists.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89q0q-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.