Role x You
The Video Strategist is responsible for distributing VICE TV's video content across its social platforms, including Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, IGTV and Twitter. You are somebody who is excellent at driving viewership on releases on Facebook and YouTube specifically.
You have a strong understanding of packaging, great copywriting skills, comprehensive experience of working with the platforms, plus an innate understanding of what gets audiences excited on social platforms. You'll optimize content on an ongoing basis, to ensure that Key Results targets are being achieved across social and to develop performance based recommendations that improve the quality of our video releases.
Some of this role's core responsibilities include:
• Distributing video content across VICE TV's Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Twitter platforms.
• Overseeing asset creation of optimised, re-versioned assets for different social platforms.
• Social platform community management across VICE TV video content.
• Curation of playlists, video packaging and video uploads on VICE TV's YouTube network.
• Coordination of video releases with the rest of VICE's international marketing and social teams.
• Assisting the Senior Marketing Manager on creative and campaign work promoting VICE's linear channel and other Distribution partnerships.
• Utilising insights in order to generate recommendations for optimising the quality of video productions.
• Implementing strategies which achieve audience and revenue growth.
In the short term you'll be responsible for the publishing of all of VICE TV's video content, while managing departmental workflow, optimising processes around scheduling and publishing of videos across platforms. Reporting to the Senior Video Publishing Manager, you'll create high quality thumbnails, titles, copy, review subtitles and deliver other creative assets to drive growth across all social platforms.
But after 6 months in this role we'll see you collaborate on video programming strategies that build retentive audiences across platforms, and use knowledge of online video consumption habits to publish videos and links in the most effective way, ensuring maximum reach and impact.
And after a year you'll have conceived of and execute experiments across social platforms to generate video publishing best practices. You will regularly deliver insights to VICE's production teams which helps improve the performance of their films. You'll work with the Snr Marketing Manager to execute campaigns which drive impact around VICE's TV releases and Distribution partnerships.
• Expert knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Twitter platforms
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Strong administrative and operational skills to ensure that all videos are being delivered on time
• Strong copywriting skills, including experience online writing/editing/curating/APing on the web
• Experience editing and A/B testing headlines to maximize click through and engagement on all videos and provide feedback to teams
• Experience coordinating the creation of platform-specific content with our production teams, including text, photo, video, and interactive
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Enthusiasm for experimenting with content and programming strategy to optimise for key metrics
• Taste and cultural knowledge: You should have a strong interest in the arts and media
• Strong familiarity with VICE video content and our online presence across platforms
• Strong copywriting ability
• Photoshop skills
• Familiarity with Chartbeat, Facebook Insights and YouTube Analytics
We'd love if you also had these:
• Experience running a YouTube channel is a major plus
• Strong familiarly with metadata and SEO best practices
• Innovative background, especially in regards to video, multimedia, visual and interactive media, and how these translate to engagement
• Strong familiarity with the VICE Network and brand voice
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnbvj-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.