Video Producer, DACH (Paternity Cover until 15.08.2022)
As a Video Producer based in our Berlin office you'll oversee the development, production and delivery of all German language social video content in the DACH region, directly responsible for the ideation and execution of the local video content strategy for VICE's German language platforms.
You are somebody who has a strong understanding of how to develop successful and impactful formats that are designed with social audiences in mind; in doing so, you'll continue to bring VICE's reporting to new audiences across YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram.
You have a deep knowledge of the VICE brand, having a strong understanding of what types of stories will resonate with the audience and match our editorial tone of voice.
• Develop German language social video output, which involves overseeing the production and post-production of existing formats, developing and producing new formats and adapting/localising global formats for local language audiences.
• Work with the Social Director, Europe on developing and executing a stories strategy for VICE's local social channels (YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook), with a special focus on ensuring that we are continuing to grow Gen-Z audiences.
• Liaise with the social team on video packaging and programming to optimise the impact of local video releases, following best practices for video titles, thumbnails and metadata.
• Work closely with the Transcreation Hub on the selection of relevant global video content so it can be translated for local German language audiences.
• Ownership and accountability of local video content budget, freelance contracts and liaise with Rights & Clearances and Legal for projects where necessary. Continue to maintain production best practices (release forms, production guidelines, etc) and ensure that all distributed video content adheres to VICE's global production guidelines.
• Work with the Editor-in-Chief on training and fostering internal talent to help bring more of our editorial team in front of the camera as on-screen hosts.
• Liaise with and maintain close lines of communication with the European Video Hub and VICE World News teams based in the UK to proactively develop and pitch concepts and ideas from the DACH region that could be suitable for global distribution. If greenlit, oversee the end-to-end production of these projects in tandem with the regional teams and deliver content against high quality standards, budgets and deadlines.
• Oversight of the editorial video department in Germany with direct line management responsibilities for a small team of editors and external contractors, ensuring their continued development and providing ongoing feedback to increase the quality and standard of output.
• Strong understanding of the VICE brand and its tone of voice and style.
• Proven experience of producing original video content for social platforms, ideally within a digital publishing and editorial environment.
• Experience with the suite of Adobe Creative tools.
• Strong knowledge of social platforms (Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok) and an understanding of the types of content that resonates with audiences on these platforms.
• A strong communicator who can cultivate and manage relationships with team members from different teams and disciplines.
• Strong visual skills. Ability to think visually and socially about what will entice audiences to engage with content and provide consistent new ideas and concepts for great content.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to manage a budget.
• Knowledge of German language on a native speaker level
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqvxe-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.