Sr. Technical Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Sr. Technical Project Manager to join VICE Media Group's Product and Engineering Team. This candidate will play an integral part in successfully leading key projects to completion using agile development technologies. This role will work closely with VMG's Internal Product, Product Design and Engineering teams to manage the overall development process, ensuring resources are properly allocated and priority deliverables are met to the highest standards.
• Agile ceremonies: Run daily standups, sprint planning and retrospective sessions to facilitate collaboration within the team, help remove impediments and improve the team's overall health and efficiency.
• Prioritization: ability to take requests from many cross-functional partners, both big and small. Prioritize and set multiple projects in motion simultaneously
• Planning and resourcing: Demonstrate effective planning. Ability to set and manage realistic project timelines with stakeholders. When challenged with a tight deadline, ability to think outside the box to find innovative solutions in order to meet the deadlines.
• Velocity: Measure the team's development and QA velocity. Identify opportunities to improve velocity while maintaining the same level of resources.
• Reporting project status: Effectively report progress to stakeholders and leadership, this includes both lower effort initiatives (e.g. A/B testing) and large projects (major incremental revenue driving initiatives)
• Post-launch: Ensure cross-functional teams involved in daily operations understand their role in making the project successful. Assist teams to ensure results are reported regularly.
• In collaboration with the product team, manage the goals and timelines for ''always on'' projects, for example:
• Security, privacy and WCAG guidelines
• Site speed & SEO strategies
• Work with Product and Engineering and other internal stakeholders on ongoing process optimization initiatives
• Build and maintain central repository of P&E's information to be used as a guide for onboarding new members on the team
• Comfortable building relationships with partners in a remote work environment
• Ability to effectively run large meetings of cross-functional stakeholders
• Clear and concise verbal/written communication of complicated issues that may not yet be fully understood. Ability to ask questions to help teams uncover problems before it becomes an issue for our customers
• Positive can-do attitude and willingness to tackle any projects
• Comfortable with ambiguity. Flexibility is key
• Ability to operate at both a strategic and a tactical level: guide the team to determine the strategy, then lead the project to deliver intended results
• Desire and ability to analyze, improve and optimize our internal processes
• A team player who appreciates an entrepreneurial environment
• Calm under pressure and empathetic approach to solving problems
• A minimum of 3 years experience running cross-functional projects across development, QA, UX, design
• PMP, AgilePM or PRINCE2 Agile qualified
• Advanced knowledge and experience of digital web products from a front and backend perspective
• Proven experience distilling large amounts of information into the key points to share with senior stakeholders
• Proficiency in JIRA & Github
• Prior experience in digital media is a HUGE bonus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke1q8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.