Social Media Editor
Vice Media Group
Role x You
The Supervising Producer, Innovation, plays a key role on VICE's Digital Video team, and is primarily responsible for overseeing the development of content for emerging platforms and in innovative formats. This role will oversee a team of producers and work closely with publishing leadership to build platform-specific strategies and serve our audiences with bespoke videos and experiences - extending the VICE brand. The ideal candidate is creative, comfortable experimenting with new ideas and formats, and adept at collaborating with journalists, producers, audience development teams, and cultivating new talent for projects. They're also comfortable juggling multiple projects in various stages of development, and are constantly monitoring the digital landscape for new trends in short-form and social video that might work for VICE. This individual will report into Vice Media Group's executive producer and work closely with other digital executives to ensure that our video projects are cutting-edge, and meeting our platform-specific audience and revenue goals.
• Work with digital leadership to develop and iterate on digital video strategy, specifically for social platforms.
• Help lead the idea generation and development process for new video series across platforms, especially vertical video (Snap, Instagram, etc.)
• Oversee innovation video projects, from idea stage to post-production, including day-to-day production as well as being a key leader in special projects
• Work closely with digital editorial team on translating ideas from reporters and editors into successful social video content
• Provide guidance, feedback, and strong leadership to the innovation video team, and ensure that the team is operating to the highest standard
• Maintaining the VICE voice and value across our work, even as we try new approaches and formats
• Giving notes to producers in screening sessions, from rough to fine cut
• 7+ years experience in video, with at least two years working on digital video content
• A firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch to publish, and ideally work experience that spans several of those steps
• Concrete experience working on multiple platforms beyond O&O, preferably a track record of audience growth in vertical video platforms like Snap and IGTV
• Strong understanding of emerging platforms and the metrics that drive success on them, including an understanding of increasing revenue streams among these platforms
• Strong leadership and organizational skills and an eye for talent (both behind and in front of the camera)
• A strong foundation and experience in incorporating analytics into workflow is a high priority
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business.
Additional VICE benefits include but are not limited to trans-inclusive benefits, fertility benefits, and tuition reimbursement. We also have dog-friendly days, bagel Fridays, and the occasional drag show in our conveniently located Williamsburg office. Day-to-day you can enjoy a rooftop garden full of edible produce (in the summer), beverages, healthy snacks and the opportunity to make the work of a lifetime if you're into that sort of thing, which we hope you are.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity are major benefits to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.