Supervising Producer -
The Supervising Branded Content Producer will work within the VMG Branded Studios team, oversee physical and creative production and will report directly to the Head of Production. They will be responsible for assembling and managing production teams while ensuring that all video content produced is to the highest visual and editorial creative VMG standard. Content must run smoothly, meet deadlines, stay on brand and within budget.
The Supervising Producer will represent VMG Commercial Production on client calls and on set work hand-in-hand with Sales, Creative, Programme Management & Account Management leads and teams.
The ideal candidate will have varied and seasoned production experience (at least 6+ years) covering both documentary and commercial work. They will have the capability to guide directors and creatives on set. They will have the desire to grow and develop within the VMG Branded video department.
• Work closely with the Head of Production, Sales, Creative & Media Planning teams on developing production approaches and fresh creative across a variety of programs across VMG Branded Studios.
• Oversee creative development in presale, post sale and through production.
• Give constructive, thoughtful video savvy creative feedback in pitches, production and across post projects.
• Large scale and small scale shoot bidding, budgeting, scheduling & assumptions pages for projects with Media & Agency pitches originating in the US.
• Staff and on-board freelance & in house production personnel for sold programmes.
• Develop relationships with a wide variety of commercial and documentary directors. Seek out new directing talent and nurture their growth across VMG programmes.
• Oversee and manage producers on a wide variety of overlapping projects.
• Grow roster of freelance producers and various production crew in all major markets.
• Track status of active productions, and report status into Head of Production
• Work closely & collaboratively with the Creative & Account Management teams to assemble internal executional teams.
• Maintain oversight of wrap and reconciliation of production budgets, managing producers and production managers through the process.
• Act as the client facing liaison as needed
• Ensure all shoots and content meet legal requirements and compliance and to obtain all necessary licences.
• Track adjustments to COVID-19 guidelines made by the film office and local government.
• Maintain meticulous production organization and process.
• Be able to discern situations that require escalation to production leadership.
• Be a visionary leader with ability to build and empower top performing talent and teams.
• Be fearless
• 6+ years experience in production, broadcast or digital.
• Understanding and familiar with the Vice Media Group brand.
• Strong understanding of the production processes, workflow and associated infrastructure.
• Strong problem solving skills and concept development - ability to conceptualize issues, quickly develop solutions, and implement action plans.
• Capable and interested in directing and conducting interviews on set, when applicable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, along with client service experience.
• Experience working with celebrity talent on set.
• Strong leadership skills and management experience is a must.
• A clear passion and energy for the Vice Media Group brand and the people within it!
• Keen creative eye and passion for showcasing and celebrating diversity in all of its forms.
• Strong quantitative skills and negotiation abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to undertake general administrative duties, as may be required, from time to time.
Willing to work flexible hours and travel.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d280b2-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.