VMG x Team
The Product & Engineering department is responsible for all of VMG's products, both consumer facing, like the VICE.com or Refinery29.com platforms, and internal operations and content creation tools, like our proprietary CMS 'Backstage', 'Stories Studio' our proprietary social stories production app for editors, and more.
Role x You
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing our proprietary CMS platform, Backstage, the product that allows our editorial team to create, schedule and publish content and align metadata structures across all our digital platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the roadmap for our industry-leading CMS platform and chart the course for incremental delivery of key features based on internal business needs
• Assess value, develop and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on providing maximum value, aligned with CMS strategy
• Lead the team in identifying pain points in the publishing workflow and defining requirements for new product features
• Work closely with the global product and engineering teams as new features move through the product development lifecycle
• Lead the planning of and communication around CMS releases and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
• Review and prioritize issues from external teams and work with the engineering team to triage and resolve them on a timely basis
• Anticipate tooling needs for upcoming features, new content, campaigns, and business initiatives
• Consider implications for international curation and publishing management, including complex, territory based curation scenarios
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
What we are looking for:
• 3-5 years product management experience, preferably working on CMS platforms or consumer-facing products at a digital media company
• Prior experience with CMS and data migration is a plus
• Ability to think creatively and strategically
• Ability to executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Proven ability to guide projects in cross-functional product teams
• Demonstrated success using analytics and customer research to inform a critical approach to product decision making
• Strong user experience and technical sensibilities
• Keen attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills
• Results oriented, accountable, strong work ethic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roebv2-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.