Full Time Job
Vice Media Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Social Publisher will oversee strategic and creative aspects of social media channel planning and publishing for our media brand across a range of social platforms with a focus on building audience, engagement, and fully leveraging IP to achieve against KPIs. The role will have holistic oversight and engagement with the process of community building, from channel planning to development, production, publishing, monitoring, and measuring.
The Social Publisher should be deeply familiar with key social platforms, including TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube, with local knowledge of optimising content performance for these platforms in KSA specifically as well as the GCC / globally. Ultimately this role is all about building and executing a successful strategy for social publishing that generates exponential audience growth in KSA.
VICE Jax is a joint venture between VICE and a large Middle East media partner. VICE Jax's primary directive is to create a leading platform for quality digital Arabic content centered on modern Arab youth culture anchored in Saudi Arabia. The expectation of this role and others connected with VICE Jax is that you will work on VICE JAX project as well as other VICE Media lines of business including VICE and Virtue (VICE's creative agency) projects throughout the Middle East and Africa.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise and direct the implementation of social media publishing
• Set a strategy for each channel, across different sub-brands, IPs, and formats
• Supervise the creation of content to deliver against the strategy
• Work closely with platform partners to ensure success
• Oversee a social studio team with a focus on driving audience growth & engagement
• Monitor and report on feedback and community interaction as it related to adjustments on the overall social / media strategy
• Collaborate with Editorial, Production, Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency and strategic alignment
• Build deep knowledge of relationships with the audience
• Stay up-to-date with social media, technology, platforms and trends
• Fluent in Arabic and English.
• 3+ years experience in a digital community role
• Hand-on experience with target social platforms
• Relationships with key platform teams in region is a strong advantage
• Ability to develop creative, engaging and original content
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and web metrics
• Proficient in presentation and social media management tools
• Good judgement and problem-solving skills
** Temporary location for this role can be between UAE and KSA but the candidate will eventually be expected to be located in Riyadh where VICE's Arabia HQ will be located.
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE is the world's preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials.
VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network
We are looking for a qualified Community manager to join our marketing team! If you are a self-driven and ambitious tech-savvy professional we would love to meet you! We are expecting you to be experienced in social media, PR and promotional events.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
Community Manager duties and responsibilities
• Set, plan and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies
• Provide engaging text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts
• Respond to customers in a timely manner
• Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews
• Organize and manage events to boost brand awareness
• Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb99vx-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Vice Media Group
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.