Vice Media Group
VICE is a global youth media company and the industry leader in producing and distributing the best online video content in the world. Launched in 1994 as a punk magazine, VICE now operates in 36 countries and has expanded into a multimedia network, including the world's premier source for original online video, VICE.COM; the original fashion and style bible, i-D; an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; and a book-publishing division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
i-D is looking for a digital native with a strong connection to the fashion and youth culture scene. The Social Producer is responsible for driving and monitoring digital growth for i-D Japan in the following areas:
• Working closely with the editorial team on copywriting + copy approval for socials across a range of platforms.
• Work with the Commercial team on activation of co-branded content across social platforms.
• Identifies trends and stories on socials for the i-D editorial teams. Develops new content and campaigns to serve users and grow social and platform followings.
• Creating and commissioning assets to use on social platforms. Identifies the most compelling visuals to accompany content, and packaging those for effective sharing. Asset sourcing + creation – media editing skills a must.
• Setting up paid campaigns to back our best performing content and drive the lowest CPCs.
• Monitoring trending topics + curating evergreen content to increase post frequencies.
• Intimate knowledge of LINE and proven success in managing LINE.
• Contributes to creative and ideation discussions around site takeovers and editorial initiatives, using knowledge of audience and analysis to back up recommendations.
• Create and publish social cards, stories and other multimedia formats.
• Collaborate with relevant talent to create social assets and drive cross-promotion.
• Contributes ideas and talent suggestions for commercial projects with brand partners, and works on execution for selected projects.
• Other ad hoc marketing assistance and administration when required.
• Lead new initiatives for audience development, including expanding i-D's presence on current social platforms and developing new ones.
• You will act as a consultant for the VICE socials
• Must be fluent in English and Japanese, spoken and written.
• Knowledge and experience of working within the Fashion industry is a must.
• English, media or journalism graduate preferred.
• Minimum of three year's experience across editorial and social platforms with proven ability to grow social reach. Experience with creating social assets, platform R&D, and story development.
• Experience with Adobe CS and Final Cut Pro is a plus.
• To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
• To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.