Senior Social Editor
Vice Media Group
New York, NY
Role x You
VMG is seeking a Social Editor to join the referral traffic team. The team works across VMG brands, managing a variety of traffic sources including, social, SEO, newsletters and partners. The ideal candidate is a quick, witty writer with a passion for journalism and a full spectrum of interests from breaking news to weird internet culture. *This role is covered under the WGAE union*
• Managing social publishing on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest profiles
• Flagging stories to pitch to aggregators and partners
• Working closely with writers and editors on story selection and packaging, keeping search and social best practices in mind.
• Collaborating with Stories social editors to craft social distribution plans for editorial tentpoles
• Updating the homepage
• Curating and building newsletters as needed
• Keep up to date with platform changes and updates, making sure VMG brands are always ahead of the curve
• Work on special projects within VMG as needed
• 2+ years of social experience in a newsroom environment
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Close attention to detail
• Experience with newsroom analytics tools like Chartbeat and Crowdtangle
• Experience using social publishing tools
• Excellent communication skills
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj23be-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.