As Social Editor for VICE News, you'll work within a multi-disciplinary team to grow and engage our global audiences across our news-focused social platforms. You'll have a strong editorial sense for short form storytelling and visual communication that resonates with our audience on platforms.
You'll know how to take an idea and visually present it in a way that is optimised for social. You have the ability to think visually and socially about what will entice audiences to engage with a piece of content and provide consistent new ideas and concepts.
You have a background in news journalism and have a keen eye for not just a good story, but also think about angles and positioning to help make our output unique and provide value for our audiences. You understand what will entice audiences to engage with our content and help optimise output to drive the growth of our brands and communities.
• Manage the daily programming of content for VICE News on social platforms, liaising with the newsroom on programming ideas and working with teams across editorial and video on upcoming content.
• Contribute to the creation of original content for our social channels, such as working with design to find the best way to transform an idea into a visual story.
• Assist with weekly and monthly performance meetings with internal stakeholders; communicate performance insights to the newsroom in order to help drive editorial decisions and improve the impact of each team member's work.
• Work with video producers and editorial staff members to commission social video stories and capture live news reporting for Instagram Stories and TikTok.
• Liaise with our platform partners and maintain relationships with news aggregators.
• Strong understanding of the VICE News brand and it's tone of voice and style.
• 3+ years' experience of writing and editing copy.
• Strong experience of working within an established newsroom.
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Strong visual skills.
• Experience using digital analytics platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj6j9-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.