About The Team:
We create content for Refinery29 Unbothered, the sub-brand dedicated to celebrating and serving Black millennial women. Our team operates across several departments including editorial, social and video. We create anything from long-form articles and programs to social assets and videos. We help shape and guide how Refinery29 supports and serves the Black femme audience, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, and discussion every day.
Role x You
We're looking for a social strategist to build and execute the growth strategy from inception to publishing, with a special focus on influencer and branded campaigns. The position requires strong creative intuition, brand awareness, an in-depth knowledge of the industry, trends, creators, and conversations driving culture, and a passion for growth strategy. Along with establishing and maintaining the social campaign strategy, this position continuously pushes the brand forward.
As part of daily responsibilities, this role includes writing, copy editing, tracking and publishing assets, while collaborating with outside teams, particularly our Unbothered, talent, branded, and external partners to hit company campaign goals.
• Create and maintain programming calendar for campaign-specific social activations
• Contribute to building overall social content strategy across channels to tell an integrated story
• Identify emerging social talent in partnership with Refinery29's influencer talent team, and creatively ideate social campaign extensions
• Manage and input requests for designs, photography, and videos for all aspects of social, including celebrity and brand initiative assets
• Manage workflow of social posts and working with talent, social, and branded teams to coordinate posting and schedules
• Ideate and create ''brand moments'' in partnership with our Unbothered team, including monthly tests based on data of top and bottom performers
• Track analytics and performance of social stories, and deliver monthly analytics and insights as necessary
• Community manage and create reports on important findings, including brand and style preferences
• Create and update best practices for tone, voice, and visual assets for both branded and editorial assets, distributing that information to appropriate teams as necessary
• Upload, caption, and schedule or post with necessary tags and hashtags all assets on stories, feed, and IGTV (including pre-scheduling weekend and holiday posts, live-posting as necessary) as needed
• Design, edit, and/or produce assets for feed and stories and give notes on original Instagram-first videos, as needed
• 2+ years experience in social media management, marketing, or similar roles, with a background in fashion preferred
• Strong copywriting and editing skills, as well as an eye for design, a sharp sense of humor, and an instinct for what is trending in the social realm
• An understanding of Refinery29's brand, concerning both visuals and voice
• Experience with social analytics and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
What you'll need to be successful:
• An extremely collaborative and communicative mindset, with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Vested interest in and knowledge of the stories and experiences of Black young women today
• Outstanding creative ideas and sound editorial judgment
• The desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• A proactive, positive attitude, and a knack for creative solutions
• A highly creative mindset and a knowledge of fashion, beauty, and social media trends
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw82vn-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.