Staff Accountant, Corporate
Vice Media Group
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others. VICE Media Group's portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design
VICE x Team
Vice Media seeks a motivated, Senior Accountant to join our finance and accounting team. This team reports into the Controllership and performs month-end close functions, but also provides business support. It's a collaborative team environment with the end goal to provide a clear and accurate financial picture for our business leaders and executives.
Role x You
In this position you will work across our Virtue line of business s upporting timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close. This role offers great growth potential to move into a more senior role within the team or other functions within the finance organization.
• Support month-end close, including but not limited to revenue and expense recognition, and various balance sheet reconciliations
• Collaborate with Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure projects are setup in line with GAAP and revenue is appropriately recognized
• Assist with ad-hoc reporting and analysis to provide FP&A and department heads with valuable insight into Virtue's financial performance
• Work closely with the Consolidations team to ensure intercompany transactions are accurately tagged and eliminated
• Additional duties as needed
You have these:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required with a strong knowledge of GAAP accounting
• 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in public accounting
• Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to new tasks and do so independently
• CPA or CPA eligible
• Experience with Netsuite is a plus
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe1b3-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.