Title: Senior Resource Manager, Americas
Reports To: Operations Director, Americas
Department/Line of Business: Virtue
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Virtue's Operations Team has a simple mission that contains multitudes; we help people create amazing things. By weaving together a birds eye view of all work in the business, a deep understanding of the data and an intuitive understanding of the people who do the work, the global Operations Team drives the business towards operational maturity, creative excellence and commercial growth.
A pivotal part of this team, the Senior Resource Manager is embedded in the fabric of the creative, design, and strategy across Virtue's Americas region. They support project workflows by ensuring there is talent ready and available to be allocated to projects according to the staffing plans. The Senior Resource Manager will have a keen understanding of the talent and skillset makeup of these teams to effectively allocate the right resource to the right project. A natural networker, the Senior Resource Manager will source external talent from their creative agency network if internal talent is fully utilized.
• Works with all members of the design, creative, and strategy teams to identify skills sets and project chemistry.
• Works with account management and project management to assess talent needs across all active projects, ensuring we have the right people and skills to fulfill the work.
• Maintains pulse on upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing; ready to action resourcing needs upon winning new business.
• Proactively builds on a pre-existing freelance talent network for existing and future opportunities across creative, design, and strategy teams; acts as point of contact to book and confirm talent.
• Onboard and conduct any required due diligence when booking freelance resource in accordance to local requirements.
• Builds relationships with line managers and directors; become a trusted partner across all resourcing management matters.
• Manages resourcing forecast spreadsheets for all departments based on input from business operations.
• Monitors day-to-day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential utilization challenges, and actively work with department leads to address and solve those issues.
• Maintains communications with appropriate team members to ensure positive workflow, escalating any issues to the Director, Resource & Operations.
• Manages assigned projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
• Provides and maintains agency resource status; liaise with business operations, account management and project management teams to provide accurate updates of resource needs.
• 3-5 years of experience managing an internal team of resources and assets within a fast-paced creative agency setting.
• Track record of sourcing global freelance talent; can easily evaluate and identify specialty skillsets within our talent pools, and align them to the appropriate workflows
• Excellent commercial acumen to understand the impact of utilization and burn rates.
• Proven track record of managing priorities to help your teams produce on time and top-notch deliverables for their clients.
• Ability to work closely with team leaders and designated managers to ensure timely delivery of work
• Ability to prioritize workflows and can quickly pivot and reprioritize when needed.
• Excellent written and communication skills – you know how to manage differing employee workstyles with ease.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Entrepreneurial attitude; a go-getter with the drive to help your team succeed.
• Comfortable leading meetings and mastering workflow tools.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28vxy-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.