- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Role: SENIOR PRODUCTION MANAGER – VMG ITALY
Reporting to: Head of Production, Europe
The role will work across production and content creation for Vice digital editorial, social and branded content output for Vice Italy. Responsible for managing annual and individual production budgets for editorial video production, working closely with creative, finance and business leadership to meet content output & financial targets.
The Senior Production Manager will oversee the business and financial aspects of a production, including budgets, rentals, hiring crew and will work closely with the various departments such as Finance, Project Management, Editorial and Creative. You will also be a key local representative of the Global Production Services group in Italy, facilitating production services for other offices and teams across VMG globally.
As a key person in the production department you will report directly to the Head of Production Management, Europe. You will work closely with and manage the digital production & post production team in Italy. You will ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines, are compliant, safe and stay within budgets whilst delivering great content on screen.
You must have experience writing and managing multiple budgets and be able to competently cost report. You will be excellent with excel. You will also be able to write and manage multiple and changing schedules and have a good understanding of the post production process. You will have run international shoot set ups and have the ability to pull together a crew if necessary. Ideally you have contacts with crew and fixers. Health and safety and risk assessment writing essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing the annual budget for the digital editorial production management department
• Responsible for meeting production financial & operational targets - including margin and staff utilisation
• Responsible for managing and overseeing productions to service editorial video content needs, and execution of some branded content as required from time-to-time.
• Responsible for production approvals for digital editorial for VICE Italy, approving and managing all budgets in collaboration with Finance lead and relevant budget holders across
• Tracking and reporting spend, keeping an accurate up-to-date cost manager at all times, reporting accurately on margin for third party productions
• Work closely with legal department to manage compliance issues, rights and clearances, and contractual issues connected with talent, suppliers and other third parties
• Experienced with budgeting and reporting
• Tracking all invoices and deal memos
• Overseeing and coordinating production staff
• Overseeing all expenses made in production & post-production
• Maintaining all shooting and editing schedules
• Responsible for all rights & clearances
• Responsible for implementing VICE guidelines related to video productions disseminating information to crew staff
• Lead the production of various editorial productions and occasionally of commercial ones
• Any additional duties as directed by immediate supervisor or designee
• To manage and on-board new joiners, and freelance producers & production managers
• To supervise the safety of all staff and crew for all shoots. Ensuring compliance with health and safety policy, and specifically VMGs Covid-19 Production Protocols, and inputting into VICE policy as required
• Implementing a streamlined edit sign off process in conjunction with Creative stakeholders
• Arranging insurance for all shoots. Have experience with insurance claims and securing adequate cover via insurance brokers.
• Work with Producers to hire crews, fixers and contractors including negotiating rates of pay. Both in Italy and internationally as required.
• Recruit and on-board freelance production staff and plan staff resources
• Ensure we maximise opportunities for collaboration across Vice Italy, and VMG Production within the region and globally,
• Maintaining and updating the Vice Italy Production Bible and sharing best practice
• Good technical understanding of end to end production workflow, suggesting efficiencies and improvements to workflow when appropriate
• Available for weekend and evening work where necessary
• To support the Head of Production as and when required.
• To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
• To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
• Second language preferred but not essential.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelors in Film and Arts or any of the related media fields required.
• 5+ years of experience in production management at a well regarded network or cable network or digital production company (or equivalent)
• Ability to work late hours and manage team/think tank meetings
• Strong business and professional ethics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of MAC computer systems and programs
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal with changing priorities
• Must be detailed orientated and highly organized
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally as need is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y0zv-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.