Junior Android Engineer
Vice Media Group
The VICE Media Group (VMG) is an international media company that captures people at the heart of all our stories. We focus on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1,500 pieces of content every day. The company has five lines of business: Digital (VICE, Refinery29 and i-D), an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 26 offices around the world.
VMG x Vision and Values:
We are here to create a place for people and their ideas. VICE was started by people who wanted to make things they cared about, and who took on the world with curiosity, radical thinking, and an audacious spirit. We are still that company. That is why our values are:
• Bring Who You Really Are
• Grow While You're Here
• Do Work That Means Something To You
VMG x Team:
The Product & Engineering department is responsible for all of VMG's products, both consumer facing, like the VICE.com or Refinery29.com platforms, and internal operations and content creation tools, like our proprietary CMS 'Backstage', 'Stories Studio' our proprietary social stories production app for editors, and more.
Role x You:
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing our proprietary CMS platform, Backstage, the product that allows our editorial team to create, schedule and publish content and align metadata structures across all our digital platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the roadmap for our industry-leading CMS platform and chart the course for incremental delivery of key features based on internal business needs
• Assess value, develop and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on providing maximum value, aligned with CMS strategy
• Lead the team in identifying pain points in the publishing workflow and defining requirements for new product features
• Work closely with the global product and engineering teams as new features move through the product development lifecycle
• Lead the planning of and communication around CMS releases and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
• Review and prioritize issues from external teams and work with the engineering team to triage and resolve them on a timely basis
• Anticipate tooling needs for upcoming features, new content, campaigns, and business initiatives
• Consider implications for international curation and publishing management, including complex, territory based curation scenarios
• Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
What we are looking for:
• 3-5 years product management experience, preferably working on CMS platforms or consumer-facing products at a digital media company
• Prior experience with CMS and data migration is a plus
• Ability to think creatively and strategically
• Ability to executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Proven ability to guide projects in cross-functional product teams
• Demonstrated success using analytics and customer research to inform a critical approach to product decision making
• Strong user experience and technical sensibilities
• Keen attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills
• Results oriented, accountable, strong work ethic.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting [[EMAIL]]. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wm2j-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.