Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
i-D has built its reputation on being a consistent source of inspiration in fashion culture. It began as a fanzine dedicated to the street style of punk-era London in 1980, and quickly earned its position at the vanguard of fashion and style, abiding by the premise of originate – don't imitate.
Role x You
VMG is looking for a Senior Producer to lead work on i-D's digital platform and projects for fashion, lifestyle and luxury clients across the VMG portfolio. The Senior Producer will work within the Production team, work very closely with the i-D commercial team and report directly to the VP Production & Delivery.
Critically, to be successful in this role, the SP needs to be decisive, thrive in a fast paced environment, be positive, be solution-focused, have a can-do attitude and believe that there is a solution to every challenge and transform those into learnings and better ways of working. No challenge is too big and nothing is impossible.
They must ensure that all creative content is to the highest standard both from a visual and commercial perspective. Content production must run smoothly from pitch and scoping phase to execution, meet deadlines, stay on brand and within budget.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, with exceptional teamwork skills and has varied production experience covering both film and photography shoots. They have the ability to own multiple projects' budgets, timelines and deliver to high production & creative standards. They possess a solid understanding of budgeting, management and negotiation skills and a strong understanding of digital advertising and media.
The SP has great enthusiasm and interest for i-D but also for the brands that sit across the VMG group: Refinery29 & Vice, in order to work with the production team members and share knowledge across the department.
• Supporting the pitching process for all i-D / Fashion & Luxury brands including creative development, production feasibility assessment, scopes and timings.
• Responsible for creative budgets & schedules and for accurate production pricing from pitch phase through to final budget.
• Working closely with the Commercial Creative Lead & the media team to support creative development by adding rigor and agility to the budgeting process during pitching through to gaining access to relevant talent in execution, and overseeing all post production with relevant teams – editors, retouchers, sound mix etc.
• Supporting the Commercial Creative Lead with model and talent casting suggestions during concepting.
• Engage and manage third party production vendors & partners, ensuring budgets, schedules, talent & licensing requirements are met, and that creative expectations are met.
• Working closely with the relevant managers/agents/directors to ensure constant communication on the project, updating Account Management & Creative Lead team throughout.
• Delivering multiple production schedules from start to finish, ensuring these schedules are harmonious across all live projects.
• Having a real affinity for being on set, managing crews & working closely with the Account Management team to manage lux/fashion clients.
• During filming, duties include: making sure that the production runs to schedule & budget, managing the talent, director, crew on set/location.
• Ensuring all shoots meet legal requirements and compliance and to obtain all necessary licenses.
• Working closely with the production team across the VMG brands: i-D, Vice & Refinery29. You will also oversee i-D projects that are delivered by other members of the internal team as well as any external contractors. You will participate in evolving the department's ways of working as one group & support in growing the lux/fashion portfolio and skillset of the teams.
• Managing all project documentation: scope, timeline, status, budget (updating the cost manager tracker) and deliverables tracker.
• Ensuring smooth asset delivery to client via the Account Management team as well as washing up projects when relevant and sharing learnings across departments
• Shoots may require flexible working hours and overseas travel.
You have these:
• You'll be full of ambition, be proactive with your approach and above all, an excellent and enthusiastic communicator.
• You will ideally have experience working on creative production on global brands with a fashion / luxury / beauty / travel background.
• You will be comfortable working across the integrated process, spanning creative development, production & delivery.
• You will understand the attitude required to work in a small to medium sized team; you'll be happy to chip in wherever required within the creative process and always champion the work!
• Previous experience in a fashion / luxury / music focused role.
• We're looking for people that have a solid grounding in producing work for major fashion & luxury clients / music video world -but also a breadth of experience in working flexibly and troubleshooting along the way.
• This is a personality-first, relationship-oriented team so outgoing with great communications and a willingness to be vocal and involved is an absolute must for this role.
• Candidate will have senior support but be expected to hold their own.
• To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
• To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Please note you will require the right to work in the UK for this role.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.