The Senior Producer is responsible for production and the day-to-day management and of broadcast, digital, and social content and a variety of integrated projects. This role is a hybrid creative and logistical position and reports into the Head of Production.
The Senior Producer leads production with equal parts storytelling vision and tactical reality. They are comfortable leading creative discussions with brand clients and collaborators, and always maintain cool under pressure. The ideal candidate understands the current landscape of branded content and wants to be part of what's next.
• Manage and lead all aspects of pre-production, production and post-production.
• Take the lead in putting forward the best production partners for each job, including directors, editors, photographers, vfx specialists, composers, sound designers, color and graphics artists.
• Stay current on industry and technology trends and foster innovative production solutions.
• Responsible for negotiation, generation and managing all aspects of schedule and budget.
• Manage the bidding process as per client agreements, including working with procurement and cost consultants when required.
• Clearly communicate timelines, budgets, deliverables, goals and expectations with internal team members, external partners, and clients.
• Navigate simultaneous demands, prioritize resources appropriately, and mitigate associated challenges.
• Ensure all creative deliverables and assets adhere to standards and manage QC through post and delivery.
• Facilitate all materials getting to their destinations on time, including final masters for trafficking.
• Actualize, document, and archive all projects.
• Anticipate and resolve conflicts diplomatically.
• 8+ years of experience as a producer within an advertising agency or relevant experience.
• Must possess meticulousness, organizational and problem-solving abilities
• Superb communicator and relationship builder
• Masters the details but never loses sight of the big picture
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple work streams at the same time
• Must be able to accommodate work schedules and be open to travel
• Knowledge of the latest production techniques, sources, production house capabilities, production cost factors, union and non-union issues and overall industry best practice
• Deep list of contacts in industry and passion to seek new talent
• Extensive knowledge of post production and understanding of deliverables for all media platforms
• Experience with offshore production
• Ability to review and analyze AICP budgets and contracts.
• Knowledge of SAG + non-union talent guidelines and contracts.
• Strong negotiation skills.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn8ko-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.