Senior Associate, Vice World News
Vice Media Group
SENIOR PRODUCER, AUDIO
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE's content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE x Team
• Today there is an endless stream of stories from around the world that deserve our attention--VICE Audio uses the intimacy and urgency of narrative storytelling to explore the most important issues of our time.
• VICE Audio is responsible for the global production of VICE podcasts.
• VICE Audio story editors work as a team to tell immersive stories tied to a wide range of issues. We are audio-first, vérité focused, and borderless.
Scope of Assignment x You
VICE Audio has ongoing weekly narrative documentary podcasts as well as new shows in production. We are seeking experienced senior producer to shape and elevate our reporting and narrative storytelling.
Senior Producers at VICE Audio serve as both senior editorial voice and managing director of our programs. As such, they will be responsible for crafting the narrative arc and vision for a single story and/or across an entire series. Senior producer will also help manage and shape the work of producers as well as other aspects of show production such as host/reporter coaching, setting and sticking to the production calendar, working with sound designers as well as coordinating between VICE Audio and other departments. You will be tasked with ensuring that the production team is working collaboratively and constructively.
Ability to give effective and precise feedback and direction a must. A keen ear for tape-driven storytelling and a desire to push the boundaries of the audio medium essential.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and health insurance.
You have these:
• At least 5+ years of experience producing and/or editing audio for radio or podcasts
• Background in journalism ideal
• Strong ability to structure a compelling and unique audio story, both editorially and technically (ProTools experience required).
• Ability to lead a production team and guide producers and APs.
• Ability to clearly communicate deadlines, expectations and editorial direction
• Strong mastery of production, and ability to multitask and run more than one project at a time.
• Experience working on a tight production schedule and translating ideas into action.
• Self-direction and strong leadership skills.
If you think you'd be a good fit, please introduce yourself via email. Be sure to describe your experience and interest, particularly as it relates to the responsibilities and requirements above. Also, include what language you speak, write and/or comprehend. Please link to your website or online resume, two recent clips of your longform audio work, and two references.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
VICE offers comprehensive benefits including but not limited to trans-inclusive benefits, fertility benefits, and tuition reimbursement. We also have dog-friendly days, bagel Fridays, and the occasional drag show in our conveniently located Williamsburg office. Day-to-day you can enjoy a rooftop garden full of edible produce (in the summer), beer, snacks and the opportunity to make the work of a lifetime if you're into that sort of thing, which we hope you are.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jk7y-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.