VICE's Front End team is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Front End Engineer to join our Williamsburg office to focus on the development of our editorial properties. The role will have the opportunity to influence a large number of projects that reach across the entire VICE ecosystem. Our front-end stack is built on NextJS, (Typescript, React); driven by GraphQL. We also utilize React Storybook in our design process. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a microservices architecture with expert-level knowledge in all aspects of front end web development, along with mentoring a team of talented engineers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement modern and elegant design patterns as it pertains to feature development and code maintainability.
• Collaborate on and produce consistently clean and measurably performant code.
• Create unit tests using frameworks like karma / mocha / chai / jest.
• Experience with working with GraphQL, including building and optimizing queries.
• Intimately familiar with Chrome/Firefox/Safari dev tools and how to profile performance.
• Diagnose technical issues with confidence and communicate resolutions effectively
• Mentor engineers as well as interface with other teams within our product and engineering. organization.
• 5+ years of professional development experience.
• Existing mentorship experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
• Experience with NPM and Webpack or Rollup to build and distribute JS modules across multiple applications and code bases.
• Familiarity with AWS and building large scalable web experiences.
• Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration.
• Experience utilizing React frameworks such as Next.js.
• Knowledge of UX design, including working with React Storybook is a plus.
• Experience with agile software development and best practices.
• Proficiency working on a fast-paced team, with product owners, designers and other developers.
• Ability to work autonomously and comfortably on features from start to finish.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ze77-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.