- Full Time
Job DescriptionVICE Media Group sits at the core of our mission to empower, enlighten and entertain young people. A media ecosystem that has given a voice to generations for 25 years – closer to 40 years for i-D – through the stories we tell and an unwavering drive to be original and have a point of view.
Having given birth to a global creative agency, an international network of TV channels, and an award-winning TV and film studio division, VICE Media Group stands in a challenging, ever-evolving landscape where the superior quality of our content, the intelligence of our strategy, and competitiveness of our product will drive the success of our entire business for the future.
The Senior Creative role sits within i-D Japan and will be responsible for developing and executing fashion, beauty, and luxury briefs for i-D, ensuring that all work produced is in line with our mission to build and deliver partnerships that add value to our audience whilst, crucially, also adding value to our clients business.
In a hybrid Creative and Art Direction role, the ideal candidate will be well-versed in fashion and luxury and how this can be translated into high-end branded partnerships for our audience. The role requires high energy levels, cultural nuance, and a keen eye for art direction. The Senior Creative for i-D Japan will ideate market-leading creative solutions across video, digital, experiential, and editorial, that drive the branded content category forward in a way that delivers results and is additive to our audience's experience with i-D.
• Play a leading role in the creative output of i-D, covering both media and content partnerships that are activated across our digital and print ecosystem. The Senior Creative will guide junior members of the team and be a keen ambassador for the brand with both clients and industry contributors.
• Maintaining, developing, and evolving the i-D creative output to ensure we are seen as the best in class for branded content that engages with our audience in a way that no other media owners can deliver.
• A substantial part of the role requires a strong understanding of the i-D fashion landscape, ensuring that talent selection and commissioning of directors and photographers are in line with the vision for the i-D brand. The ability to leverage a network of industry contributors is essential.
• Working with multiple teams across i-D, VICE+ UK, and APAC, including but not limited to, working with Sales to interpret briefs; with Media Planning and Strategy to shape the creative brief; with Production to scope feasibility and execution validity of ideas and also to see those ideas through to the quality of execution alongside Production and Account Management teams.
• The role also has a dotted line into editorial, ensuring the Editorial Director's vision is realized across all brand opportunities.
• 5+ years experience in digital fashion and luxury partnerships, preferably within a media owner/publisher environment.
• Fluency in all creative deliverables with a focus on devising partnerships that deliver against a client's KPIs, across multiple platforms and formats.
• Confidence in both the written and spoken word; pitching to clients and agencies as well as taking responsibility for crafting decks and translating ideas to a really high standard.
• Actively drive creative development by harnessing a strong skillset in art direction, scripting, talent selection, commissioning and storyboarding. A keen eye for detail when sitting in on video and picture edits and able to communicate feedback promptly and clearly.
• The ability to work closely & collaboratively with different teams to ensure briefs are answered on time and to the highest quality.
• A deep understanding of the media landscape with proven relationships across the agency and/or client world.
To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ek4m-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Vice Media Group
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.