Senior Media Strategist
Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.
VICE x Team
Working alongside the wider marketing team, you're responsible for using strategic approaches to grow the readership of VICE's journalism. In an unpredictable media ecosystem where social referral traffic can grow and shrink with huge volatility, you will be responsible for spearheading VICE EMEA's approach to growing referral traffic with a focus on SEO, social publishing, news aggregators and product, and you'll be the person pushing local teams forward through regular information sharing, outlining the steps that they can take to increase the impact of their content.
Role x You
Some of this role's core responsibilities include:
• Overseeing VICE EMEA's SEO strategy
• Overseeing VICE EMEA's Facebook and Twitter referral strategy
• Responsibility for VICE's relationships with news aggregators in EMEA, such as Samsung Upday and Apple News
• Being VICE EMEA's point of liaison with the global product team
• Responsibility for VICE EMEA's newsletter strategy
• Management of VICE EMEA's Social Intern program
In the short term… You will devise a referral strategy to ensure greater readership on VICE EMEA's existing written content
After 6 months in this role… You will have demonstrated clear growth in sustainable, referral traffic in EMEA
And after a year.. You will have been responsible for revolutionising how our editorial teams create content, attract readers and think about their future productions
You have these:
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field; newsroom experience a huge plus
• Experience in journalism, social media or newsroom experience at a major media company
• Experience in managing junior staff
• Expert knowledge of Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, DOMO, Crowdtangle and other reporting data tools
• Strong familiarity with the VICE Network and brand voice
• Innovative background, especially in regards to video, multimedia, visual and interactive media, and how these translate to engagement
• Existing relationships with contacts at social platforms
• Expert understanding of Excel, Google Studio and Google Drive
• Strong Keynote presentation skills
• Basic understanding of HTML and experience with content management systems a plus
We'd love if you also had these:
• Strong public speaking and presentation ability, experience in speaking at public events
• Experience working in a programming or development role
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.