Senior Communications Strategist (Social)
The Senior Social Strategist is an integral part of the communications strategy department. You are self sufficient. You have a deep understanding of social platforms, established and emerging usage and trends, and can make complex ecosystems easy and inspiring for clients and creative teams alike.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the Communications Strategy Director on overall approach to developing breakthrough plans for one of the agency's largest accounts.
• Develop social strategies and actionable communication and channel plans across social platforms.
• Own, manage, and run client deliverables related to social channels.
• Own content planning and social calendars across key accounts.
• Work with community managers where needed.
• Lead in crafting social plans and frameworks and inspiration for creatives.
• Be the primary contact for briefing in and managing relationships with media partners.
• Work closely with insights & analytics and client teams to develop KPIs and establish measurement plans for tracking success.
• Have a finger on the pulse for what's happening in the moment and be the go-to resource for emerging platforms, social media best practices, and new products & tools.
• Inform planning projects from inception to completion: develop strategies that are inspired by brand objectives, audience insights and competitive landscape, assist in writing briefs, collaborate with creative to inspire tactics and guide with best practices, work with account and client teams, and continue to see the project through across all its subsequent phases.
• Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key department heads and employees across the business including account, creative, analytics, and more.
• Support new business growth on existing and prospect accounts alongside the account lead and other team members within VIRTUE.
• Can play a lead role in thought leadership initiatives.
• Can be impactful in sharing knowledge and working with junior strategists.
• Always striving to make the work better.
EXPERIENCE + SKILLSET
• 4-7 years of relevant experience.
• Can identify social specific research needs, recognize partners/platforms required to get necessary information, and aggregate findings into an actionable document with some oversight.
• Can understand social media planning best practices to inform our creative tactics.
• Can develop content calendars and plans across all social channels.
• Can uncover unique ways of reaching/speaking to consumers that inspires the creative.
• Can develop social communications frameworks from scratch, presenting business objectives, messaging, channel, consumer and KPI details in a format that's account-specific with some oversight.
• Can craft a cogent and compelling argument in email, document, or conversation.
• Can lead strategy on at least 3 projects of varying complexity and sizes, with regular oversight and feedback coming from manager.
• Can support pitches and larger clients.
• Have a voice in writing, thinking and presenting.
• Are an expert in social media.
• Can create inspiring briefs and comprehensive communications slides that flow in/out seamlessly with the larger presentation.
• Can handle client meetings on your own, as appropriate.
• Are able to work closely with creatives throughout the process.
• Can lead platform research, have established relationships with channel/vendor partners, and can consolidate information uncovered in the process without guidance.
• Understand business and market dynamics and how to affect them.
• Are an early adopter of marketing trends, technological advancements and have a well-informed opinion on the ever-evolving media landscape.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' difference s , we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3z84-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.