VICE Media Group is seeking a talented & experienced engineer to join in the development and maintenance of the APIs and DB data models. The engineer will work closely with the Product, Design, Front-end, CMS, and App teams to maintain the connections of the VMG sites and apps, in addition to building entirely new features and functionality from the ground up.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Product, Design, front-end and mobile engineers along with other stakeholders to ship new features to our internal APIs that power our CMS and the front-ends for Vice.com, Refinery29.com, and other brand sites.
• Work with modern web technologies like NodeJS and Apollo GraphQL
• Stay on top of new technology to offer guidance on improvements across the front-end products
• Contribute to architectural decisions surrounding the evolution of the codebase
• Collaborate with other engineers in knowledge sharing sessions
• Contribute your expertise and insights into developing and improving best practices
• 6+ years of professional experience working as a software engineer
• Computer Science or equivalent scientific degree or additional 2+ years experience
• Extensive experience of NodeJS, Apollo GraphQL, and REST APIs
• Extensive experience with database migrations
• Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, and SQL storage
• Experience architecting database models
• Proven track record of building modular, high performance, and enterprise-level web applications
• Experience working on large scale CMSs
• Solid understanding of Scrum and Agile principles
• Experience mentoring other engineers and leading knowledge share sessions
• Experience working in a team environment
• Focus and attention to detail in written and verbal communication
• Strong sense of product ownership
• Comfortable working with fast paced and globally distributed teams
• Experience with CI/CD (CircleCI/GitHub Actions)
• Experience in AWS or cloud services
• Experience with data export or data management
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience with NextJS and React
• Dedicated to full test coverage with tools like Jest & Cypress
• A passion for staying on top of the latest web technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34n4x-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.